Starflight 3!

It may be just my rose-colored glasses talking, but I remember it looking vastly superior to a DOS version a friend of mine installed but kept crashing, pretty close to the same time I played the Mac version (ca. 1991 and 1992).

I love that too. I have a thing for niche programming languages.

There was a time in college where I was simultaneously obsessed with the SmallTalk programming language and civil war history and tried to recruit some friends to build a game like the old Run5 games but more real time (basically Sid Meier’s Gettysburg before that was a thing) and write it in Smalltalk. For better or worse after some discussion they rightly concluded I was mad and this would cut too much into our Empire and Star Control Melee playing time.

It works! Took me a while to get the SD-Cart adapter up and running (had to buy a copy of DOS 5 on ebay in order to format the card), but it works!! I used the GOG version of the game and applied the patch just as you instructed.

Now I can finally try out this classic game on the original hardware!!

Thank you!!!

Woohoo congrats dude. That is a gorgeous site to behold, truly.

Oh wow, I had that exact joystick I used to play with my TRS-80.

Far out. Check out that mouse BTW. I bet it has a rubber ball in it and everything (I do not miss having to scrape off the crud that would build up on the rollers).

Actually no, that looks optical! Advanced!

Excellent! I’m glad it worked. You’re in for some fun now!