State of Decay does brilliantly what videogames do best

What ??????? 5/5 ?????????? ha,ha,ha,.ha,ha,ha,ha,ha . . . . . .The last of us = GOTY .

If you like "The Last of US" then YOU are pretty pathetic to let Tom's review bother you. This game is not your typical run-of-the-mill cookie cutter main stream video game that everyone has played. There is most definitely something new and refreshing here. Great review by the way Tom.

state of decay = trash game THE LAST OF US = GOTY

You are so full of crap man. You are obsessed with being different than everyone else. You're the quintessential hipster. This game gets mediocre to good reviews across the board, and you give it the highest score and just so happen to get on the front page. You give the Last of Us a 3/5, which just so happens to be the lowest score and you get on the front page. It's obvious what you are doing. You take great pride in hating the things everyone loves, and liking things nobody gives a rat's ass about. You're a hipster.

You should stick to acting. ... oh wait...

Stop sucking his dick. Tom is a joke. He's made a career out of being a controversial douche. He simply rates things lower or higher for attention (mostly lower). He has a small cult following that thinks his opinion is sacred. Everyone else hates him.

Alternately, perhaps he's providing a legitimate perspective that's severely underrepresented among game reviewers? Is that idea so foreign to you?

what's funny is that you are absolutely right, he does this and gives these scores so he can get attention.

No he's not. He's just being different to gain views. Like I said, he takes pride in having a different opinion than everyone else. His scores prove it. Games that are critically acclaimed he gives the lowest score, and gets on the front page. Games that aren't critically acclaimed, he gives a very high score, higher than most, to get attention. He reminds me of the hipsters from my High School. Hipsters hate anything that is mainstream. If a musician was on the radio, they "sold out", their music was irrelevant, and hipsters disregarded them completely. They only liked music that no one cared about, that no one heard of, so they could feel unique. That's Tom Chick with video games. He likes what you hate, and hates what you love. That's a motto he lives by and it dictates his scores.

The review was well written and overall very good in my opinion so shoot me if I like it. If he writes a review I disagree with I don't pant and whine like you about it because it's only his take on a game. What I don't understand is why people like yourself let a review bother you. It's just his opinion on the game, lighten up dude.

Because Tom isn't a reviewer, he's an attention whore. He writes reviews to get attention. Especially with games that are critically acclaimed. He takes the opposite opinion. When a game like State of Decay gets decent reviews, he gives it the highest score. His reviews are dictated by his desire to be different. That's why I don't respect or take his reviews seriously.

He gives a lot of game scores that match popular opinion, though. He gave Black Ops 2 an 80%, Marvel Heroes 80%, Injustice 80%, Need for Speed Most Wanted 80%, Assassins' Creed 100%....

You are picking and choosing..

Call Of Duty is the worst franchise of this generation. It literally is killing the gaming industry because other games see COD makes billions with the same old formula, so other companies try to make a COD-esque shooter. I don't understand why people love those games. They are carbon copies every single year.

Tom gave Marvel Heroes a higher score than most. Most reviews were mediocre, his was high. He was on the front page with that score, but another site gave it an 80 too, then QT3 was removed from the front page of the game's metacritic site. Assassin's Creed is another franchise that milks it every year.

Black Ops 2 was actually a lot of fun. Did you play it? Or were you just told by everyone it wasn't any good?

Have a look around his reviews section. He has reviewed an awful lot of games in line +/- 20 pts from metacritic average, including Marvel Heroes. And considering he only reviews in 20-point increments, that's actually an impressive lack of divergence.

You people are so obsessed with numbers - why don't you pick some quotes from the review and present your arguments against it?

Confirmation bias = bad. Difference of opinion = good

You see, if everyone had the same opinion on everything, we'd be a horde of brainless gamers, kinda like zombies, who flock to gamestores to buy that one game that has been named GOTY before it's even out, drooling out of their mouths while muttering "gaaaaaaaaaames".

If, on the other hand, we disagree about something, e.g. a game, we can sit down and discuss the whys, the ifs and the what nots, kinda like civilized people trying to figure out how to survive a zombie apocalypse.

Wow! Could you be favoring Microsoft just a little more?!
I agree that The Last of Us doesn't deserve 5 stars, but 3 stars is just too low a score. And State of Decay gets 5 stars? Really? So this game is perfect and The Last of Us is just okay? I own both consoles and love them equally, but this is very, very far fetched.

someone's opinion is far-fetched? will wonders never cease?
how do you have time time to complain about Tom's opinion? ...oh shit, I'm late for court!!

sheesh, troll much?

if you play a game and you have an opinion about it, you're a reviewer. you're just mad because he can write and you can't. take a writing class and stop being so negative.

oh and happy belated Dead Duck Day!
http://www.geekosystem.com/hap...
you *are* the gay necrophiliac type, right?

That would require critical thinking.

Well... no game is perfect, I imagine Tom would agree but if the stars system really bugs you just ignore it and read the content of the critiques.

Like words, numbers can only hurt you if you let them.