Steam Autumn/Holiday Sale 2015

50% discount on Mad Max is really tempting, but with Just Cause 3 this close, I don’t think I’ll bite.

On the other hand, Shadows expansion for Endless Legend is a go, and I might get Nep-nep 3. We’ll see.

The sales started now, and look disappointing IMO. I miss the flash sales already.

Steam is pushing that stupid mobile authenticator hard as well, which I also despise. Steam is really disappointing me as a sales platform lately, and it’s only average as a service. It’s main use to me these days is as an AIM replacement.

Get Trails FC or SC instead. No Neps, but Estelle is worth 100 trashy Neps. ^_^ SC is my personal GOTY.

All the Pinball FX2 tables are on sale again. Haven’t seen that in awhile.

75% off the old ones, 50% off anything recent. The Fox TV set isn’t discounted.

Not necessarily. Devs/publishers were given the option of setting different prices for the two sales periods.

That said, I wouldn’t expect popular choices to vary much.

I just picked up all the Endless Legend DLC - except the Emperor Upgrade.

Aggg, just what I need! :-)

Excellent.

Anyone have a Talos Principle coupon they could spare? I saw on GAF and the Steam forums they are applicable on the sale price of the game. :)

Let me start a reverse game: what’s not on sale?
[ul]
[li]Tales of Zestiria[/li][li]Recettear[/li][li]Final Fantasy any numbers[/li][/ul]

About half my wishlist isn’t showing up as on sale, but they seem to be slowly getting a discount.

What?

No discount on Concrete Jungle. :(

They’re already discounted, the wishlist is just slower than usual.

Disney stuff is ~75% off for the first time. Tron 2.0, Split/Second, old LEGOs, etc.

Already missing the Daily/Flash sales. I think the strategy of one price the whole sale will pan out well for consumers, but in the end Steam and devs are going to see overall sales suffer. I can’t count the number of times over the years I would see a game on my wishlist start out at 50% off the first day of the sale and think “still not really my pricepoint”, only to see it featured a couple of days later at 66% or 75% and BAM, instabuy. Plus checking the sales every day or every 8 hours kept me coming back, which in turn led to me finding games that were NOT on my wishlist, but were interesting enough and discounted enough that I would jump on them as well, ramping up my total overall expenditures. Now, instead of seeing a steady stream of purchases over the 12 days of the sale followed by a huge chunk at the end, Steam will see a big chuck at the start, then a trickle for the rest of the sale as everyone checking in on Day One will simply buy what they want and not return until the sale is over.

BTW : It pays to check other sites now that Steam is not doing Flash/Daily deals. IndieGala for example is having Black Friday Weekend Sale in their store. Steam keys for hundreds of games on sale, some for less than the Steam Sale price. For example:
Shadows of Mordor GOTY is $14.99 vs. $16.99 on Steam
Blackguards Franchise Bundle (Blackguards 1, Untold Legends, Blackguards 2) is $7.75 vs. $8.25 on Steam.
Mount and Blade Full Collection (M&B, Warband, Napoleonic Wars, Viking Conquest, With Fire and Sword) $10.84 vs. $11.24 on Steam.

Sure it’s not much, but why not get the lowest price possible since it’s a Steam code either way? (and there is no metagame this time)

Beyond Sol is about the only non-brand new release, non-Early Access game that seems to be not on sale on my lists.

I bought Witcher 3. Would be stupid to buy any other games now as I’ll not have a chance to play them for months :-/

This is actually really relaxing. I have a list of top things I want, and have already put those that are discounted enough in my cart. I’ll save the rest of that list for another sale, but since I still have room in my budget, I’m just perusing my wishlist looking for the best deals. It’s rather calming.

But what if they run out of stock!?

I cant see my wishlist anymore and steam is totally unresponsive - Probably for the best!

Yeah i’ve stuck these in my cart for now, nice knowing they aren’t going up in price.

Subnautica
Industry Giant 2
Bridge Constructor and Medieval version
Empyrion
Besiege.

Some nice reductions as well, 6 games for £30 is nice.