Steam Autumn/Holiday Sale 2015

SC is my personal game of the year, and the original is a great setup to it. It’s a lot deeper storywise than your average JRPG. I just hope we get the 3rd in a few years- that one from what I’ve been told is the fun one for fights. (the combat system is enjoyable in the first two, it’s just a little bit easy on normal)

Some hits on my Steam wish list:

Age of Empires III complete: $8

Her Story: $3.59

La-Mulana $2.99

Receiver $1.99

Uncharitable types might call Receiver a tech demo, but I found the concept and mechanics fascinating. Played it for a while and kept it installed on my HDD for a long time. Wish other developers would take notice of the gun mechanics. Can’t go wrong at that price.

-Todd

Thanks, rham.

I did pick up Infested Planet.

That’s why you buy everything Day 1 and then refund it when common sense takes over.

Just Cause 3 coming out on the last day of the sale, has pretty much made me not care about anything I was going to buy. :P

I noticed that the Scandinavia DLC for Euro Truck Simulator 2 is at 50% off, less than 10 bucks (which Enhanced Steam is telling me is the lowest price so far).

Borderlands The Pre-Sequel is at $15.99 US, but supposedly it’s been as low as $9.99 on the Humble Store.

Thinking about picking up DLC for Endless Legend. Any advice on which ones are good/bad? I own the base game, but no DLC. Not interested in the Emperor Edition stuff, just the expansions/add-ons.

Age of Wonders III at $8.99 is very tempting as well, though I have no time to play between now and Winter Sale.
Sorcerer King and Offworld Trading Company at 50% are good deals, but again, no time to play and they’ll be the same or cheaper come Winter Sale.
I think I might bite on Mount and Blade Viking Conquest Reforged at $3.74 though. I’ve been craving some M&B action lately, and that’s the right price for some new content.

Funny, I haven’t played more than 80 minutes of Endless Legend but I’ve been buying up the game-content DLC anyway, and picked up Shadows on this sale (which was all I had left to get aside from the music). My thoughts are it’s less than a fast-food meal and it’s exactly the kind of game I like to play (when I have time). Based on reviews, it’s all decent additions. My vote: get 'em.

I don’t know which are good or bad, but I just picked up all of the Endless Legend DLC, except the Emperor Edition upgrade. I’ve been wanting to play this again with all of the factions. I never get music DLC, but from what I heard in one of the videos on the store page I picked it up too.

I’d say get Age of Wonders when you’re also really to get the DLC. The game isn’t bad without them, but definitely better with

You’re not missing much by passing on Sorcerer King (I know some here will disagree). I haven’t played OTC.

I think Age of Wonders 3 is well worth it even if you do not play it for awhile. Just in case it is 9.99 in winter sale :)

So I picked up all the Endless Legend, Dungeon of the Endless and Warhammer 40,000K: Armageddon DLC packs, along with a couple little games like Downwell, Aggression and Fight the Dragon. I’m pretty much done, and happy with my haul.

Technically you don’t have to. I learned to play by reading the wiki and asking a few questions on a forum. It’s just best to learn by playing Ireland.

Haven’t pulled the trigger on anything in the sale yet. Fair number of things I’m interested in, just not sure how much I feel like buying at these prices or how much I want to wait to get cheaper. Satellite Reign is a good example. I’m interested in the game, but I heard enough iffy things about it that I’m waffling at $18. It’d be worth it if it was something I knew I was going to play immediately, but since I’ve got a hell of a library of games I wouldn’t want to buy it for $18 and then still have not played it by the time it shows up on sale for $7.50

This may be the first year I escape with nothing bought.

Same here. I’ve got plenty to keep me busy, and the discounts are just conservative enough to get me to wait.

There are very few games in my wish list that I really want to have right now. Not sure if I’m missing something.

There are a lot of nice to haves:
Mini Metro
The Age of Decadence
Pillars of Eternity: The White Marsh
The Crew
Chaos Reborn
Elder Signs: Omens
Lords of Xulima
Shift 2 Unleashed
Xenonauts
Far Cry 4
Rebel Galaxy
Renowned Explorers

(you really want to have age of decadence right now)

I played the demo years ago and liked it. I’ve no doubt I’ll enjoy the game when I play it, but I’ve just got so many games to play. Sometimes I get a bug where I want to play a particular game ( right now!!!) that I don’t have - but I just don’t have that at the moment. Funny, but out of them all Mini Metro may be the game I want to try the most. Probably because I know it will be easy to pick up and play for a bit and not commit 30 hours to it.

Thinking about picking up Elite Dangerous and Project Cars, any thoughts?

Elite Dangerous at $15 is a steal IMO. I paid $50 a while back and am glad I did.

Just remember its more a sim than a game. If you enjoy precision dockings and landings and the like, its for you.