Steam numbers

Oooh yeah @Spect Thank you for that. I needed to see that. I’m only at $5,9770!!! I feel so much better =)

551.50. I guess I have better things to spend my money on in the end.

TotalSpend $837.79
OldSpend $376.99

Me too.

My board game habit over the past few years is much… worse.

TotalSpend 2018-06-10 22:17:20.887 $2,015.69
OldSpend 2018-06-10 22:17:20.887 $1,363.94

I want to know what @lordkosc 's is. ;)

Looking at your steam spending is like listening to that Grizzly Man videotape

“You must never listen to this”

Approx $7000 added up which I can post now that I’m not the “winner”. But I buy most of my games now in bundles and third party sellers, so…

Oh damn it.

Well, this confirms that I am a cheap-ass bastard, and/or I hate video game developers. Because my steam $/game ratio is hovering pretty close to 1.0

My last purchase put me over $5k, at $5,002.

About that… I’ll check the damage when I get home and can access my budget. Back when bundles were the hot new thing I could easily be buying an IndieRoyale, Humble, Groupees, and sometimes IndieGala every other week. Now it’s “only” the Humble Monthly with an occasional Humble or Fanatical bundle.

You described my own purchasing habits very nicely. I guess we’re spending brothers now or something.

At $1651 over the last 12+ years, I am actually pretty content with that!

Yeah I meant if I add all the other shops, retail, PS4…

$899.39 / $706.19

Not that much over 10ish years (while the account is 15 years old, buying stuff didn’t really start until probably 2008ish with L4D I think)

I’ve been keeping track of how much I spend on games for the better part of ten years, out of curiosity or something. The steam amount is $16.17 less than my own records.

Jake_Eye_Twitch

Wow, not as bad as I thought:

SteamDB is a little more realistic:

Where do you get that steam account value from

Your numbers make me feel so much better.

|TotalSpend|$613.56|

|OldSpend|$202.85|

Having an older computer does have its benefits.

6-19-2018%201-37-56%20PM

It’s not as bad as you would think! Seeing as I do buy a lot of stuff I find interesting. This is part due to me probably spending 50% of my gaming budget at GMG / Humble Store / Fanatical over the last 3-4 years and Steam sales sucking. :p

Steam DB is indeed probably a better range, depending on sales prices and such. And even more depressing seeing what I have’t played and do own. Dat backlog!

6-19-2018%201-40-03%20PM

Also there are at least a hundred or more bundle fodder titles in there that I never wanted. :P

Oh, sorry, right here:

https://steamdb.info/calculator/

I own in total 818 original games, across platforms, digital and retail.

I played and finished 369 of those.

But apart from about 10, the rest is stuff I don’t intend to play, various bundle and sale fodder. I guess I should excersize more restraint when it comes to bundle stuff.

Well, of course, this is the real amount of money given directly to Valve. The digital games bought on Amazon that give you a Steam key aren’t counted here. The same with greenmangaming, gifts, etc.
But Valve itself are giving you the number, I think they should know how much money was, better than an unofficial steam calculator that may not count a bundle, or an old flash sale, or whatever.