Steam Spring Sale 2024

I set a self-imposed hard limit of 50 games on my Steam wishlist. If I want to add a 51st title I have to either purchase one of the existing ones or delete it from the list. I haven’t found that to be very difficult, as there are always 2 or 3 games that have aged out of where I would consider buying them usually due to either poor reviews or they’ve been around long enough that I’m likely to find them in a bundle at that point.

Currently I’m at 47 titles on the list, about 4 of which are not even available yet. This sale I’m really only considering picking up Enshrouded for $27, as I’ve got a whole bunch of stuff I picked up in the Winter/Holiday sales 3 months ago I still have yet to get to.

I’ve got 170 wishlist items, maybe 40 of those are DLC. Some of them have been on there a while. I periodically go through and take out ones I’m unlikely to buy anymore. Sometimes that is influenced by how many similar games I own and would rather play.

I probably would have jumped on Wildermyth, but it looks like it isn’t even on sale!

I have a self-imposed soft limit of 100 games on my wishlist. Currently I’m at 121. Time to cull the herd!!

Culling tool = wallet? ^_^

I curate the order of the top 30-ish games on mine, but beyond that, I have a couple hundred more that someone recommended but I haven’t spent much time looking into. It’s helpful as a memory aid, as otherwise I lose track of titles. Sometimes I’ll see one in a bundle or something and without the wishlist I would have forgotten the name. Or I’ll suddenly be in the mood for a particular genre and it’s good to have a few recommendations on tap.

Ha! I was just asking myself that same question. :)

I removed about a dozen and added two to my cart, so not bad so far. And if I exclude Early Access titles, the number comes down to 94.

Every time a Steam sale rolls around, I get tempted to add a new VR title to my library (even though I really only play Walkabout mini golf.) This time I’m considering Racket Club, Until You Fall, or the 7th Guest for nostalgia.

@wisefool, @Chaplin and @Gigglemoo thanks for he advice re: monster world. Sadly my coop buddies are not around anymore so I think Ill pass for now. Did get

and, based on @tfernando recommendation

Still pondering Against the Storm and Cocoon, which are only 35% and 30% off so I should be sensible and wait on those I think.

I was thinking of grabbing Divinity Original Sin 2 for $14 but I own the first and never got far.

That sounds like a good reason not to buy it.

Score one for me. I was about to buy Backspace Bouken, then noticed I had it tagged on a collection tracker from that itch racism megabundle years ago. It looks like Steam games can now be discounted below 90%. Phantasmata from my wishlist is -94%. It’s been in early access 5 years, must be almost done now! :D

Almost done for sure! :)

I am SOOOO happy to see this sentence! I have several hundred and had been thinking there’s something wrong with me LOL.

Picked up Assetto Corsa Competizione and most of its DLC for cheap. Thinking about picking up Automobilista 2 (especially since they just announced an IMSA partnership), but have lots of other racing to play already.

Hey thanks @lordkosc for mentioning this one. I almost bought it instantly just from the description alone. But having made this mistake before (more than once), I thought I’d better check GOG first to see if I owned it already there. And despite me having absolutely no memory of having done so, I did, in fact, already own it there. It must have appealed to me on some level whenever that was as well, I guess.

Anyway, I’m not far into it, but thus far it seems to be a super pleasant and relaxing puzzle game. The puzzles thus far have been pretty easy, but according to the reviews, they will get more difficult later.

I adore the idea of exploring an abandoned manor house, and the designers have put a good bit of work into creating it, both visually and with the audio. I’m loving it. Just the kind of game I needed to calm me down and take my mind off things.

Negatives thus far: Keys cannot be re-mapped, but not a big deal, since the layout isn’t bad. A big plus for me though was discovering that despite that glaring oversight, they DO allow for inverting the Y-axis. A lot of these indie type games don’t think to include that option.

I apparently already had this, so I’m installing it now too!

Here’s my damage.

Yes, I already finished Tinykin a dozen times on Xbox Series X/Xbox One/Win Store PC, but that was through game pass. Now I own the game!

And yes, Nidus and Last Epoch were not on sale at all.

It’s in a bundle for a week:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/play-on-the-go-premium-edition-build-your-own-bundle

I bought $100 worth of shmups for casual play.

I’ll probably only play each one for a couple of hours. They should be good palate cleansers for the heavy action RPGs coming out this week.

If it’s not too late to refund and you want to save $6, Last Epoch is $29.04 on Fanatical when you add it to your cart and then use code OMEN17. You also would then qualify for your choice of free game or extra coupon in the Spring Sale promotion. The game choices are pretty lackluster, but the coupons include an additional 10% off the Prestige or Killer bundles (which do feature good titles) or a simple $1 off your next order.

Solasta is super-cheap. $8.99.

But I haven’t even finished BG3 yet. So I don’t really need it.