Steam Spring Sale 2024

Damn, there is a lot of games on my wishlist on sale. How to choose…

Yeah, same. Like 80% of it.

Yep but with Horizon Forobidden West and Dragons Dogma 2 next week I have no spare pennies

Monster Hunter World has been on my wishlist since 2019. Its 67% off ($13.00 Can). Do I buy it or remove it from the list. I need your wisdom.

I picked up Judgment for $15.99 and now I’m thinking I need to get Lost Judgment while it’s super cheap. I loves me some Yakuza games. I’m still working on finishing Like a Dragon so it’ll be a while before I get to Judgment.

@Indyls
You can’t go wrong if you know you’ll love the game. Lots of hours of fun for that 13$.
I didn’t enjoy it myself, but I think that was just because I got bored during the really long intro.

Lots of my 900 game wishlist has deep discounts this time around.
I think I’ll go through and buy/clear out everything 75% off or more.

Here’s a few historic lows that stood out.

Remember to check other stores. I was going to buy Jenni LeClue, but it’s a few dollars cheaper on Switch.

Wishlist is over 1100 games now, damn ability to enjoy almost any type of game.

On my radar to possibly buy:

Between work and moving (and child care) this year has been nuts - I haven’t even had a chance to play the very few things I picked up around Christmas. I’ve got to pass on this one.

How the…? I have five games on my wishlist: two future release, two recent games I may get one day, and one DLC. One of the games and the DLC are on sale, neither at the point of buy threshold, though.

1100 is about the equivalent of my full Steam collection. Ha!

Have you ever played a Monster Hunter game? If not, MH is one of my most memorable gaming multiplayer experiences and World was top notch as it was the first (currently only) to embrace higher system requirements which translated to better visuals. I think arise was equally amazing, but it went back to the cartoony look.

If you have or would be willing to find a group or even one person to dive in, MH is amazing. If you have played the franchise a lot or at all, I think you get diminishing returns. This is because so much of the game is learning the monsters and since so many monsters are carried between games, once you learn them, you can’t learn them again.

For me, MH Tri was my first and best MH experience. I wished I “could go home again” to do it all over new in a new game, but it is less fun each time since I have fought so much of the roster sooooo many times in several games over the years.

Sadly, in my case, they’re all Early Access…

I hate that this is true. Soooooo many games are “released” as Early Access nowadays. Yes, I usually ignore it until it is 1.0 a year or three later, but it’s annoying to constantly get the “psych!!” on new game hype the majority of the time now. Plus there are all the 1.0 fake outs where a game left early access but didn’t really; they just wanted to infuse more hype and cash into the still unfinished game.

I tried typing up this exact answer earlier, and gave up because I couldn’t word things right. This is the correct answer on all points. I loved the game, but part of that was because I played with my son (who carried me through it). Not sure it would have been as great for me personally purely solo, but that’s because of skill issues and not due to the game.

Totally unrelated, but Oxygen Not Included w/DLC for $15 is killer.

The Magister is a steal at 85% during this sale. Procedural mystery game/card battler.
Save 85% on The Magister on Steam (steampowered.com)

(How do you get the Steam direct link box thing to work?)

I’m at 487 games on my wishlist. My tastes are clearly more refined than @lordkosc’s.

I did end up picking up Circuit Superstars (top-down racing–woo!), Blasphemous 2, and Wavetale (indie move-fast game?). Those last two were a little extra on-sale because they are in sale bundles where I already had the other game.

Callisto Protocol is one of those “AAA” games you just know they’re going to give away a billion times soon.

I haven’t bought anything so far. Maybe I’ll break down and get either FF7 Remake or Baldur’s Gate 3, but have too many unplayed games I should work on instead.

There’s an easter egg for the Spring sale banner on the main page. Click on the cat on top of the scooter.

Monster Hunter is a better coop game. The bosses are somewhat tedious to get solo. When you get 2 players, the boss HP doesn’t go up 100%, it goes up around 75% so the more players the more efficient.

This right here. It’s a blessing with a heavy curse.

862 on my wishlist, and rising.

Kind of my case, but I took the opportunity to buy Path of Achra and Lost Judgement. My backlog won’t grow by itself, you know.