Steam Stuff - What Has the Digital Distribution Giant Done Lately?

I’ll have to try it, thanks!

How does sound work with that… like I haven’t had a chance to try yet but some co-workers tried Zoom and some other things, and they couldn’t get the games sound to work.

Can anyone help me figure out what’s going on? I got a random trade request for an item in my steam inventory. The item in question is Unknown Package 1931. I believe it is a gift copy of bookworm adventures, but I’m not certain. The game is discontinued, which I guess would make it desirable, but I’m not sure if there’s something I’m missing. Is there some black market for bugged steam gifts don’t know about?

Correct, its Bookworm Adventures Volume 2

https://steamdb.info/sub/1931/

Is anyone having trouble with AugmentedSteam not showing the current best price and historical best price on the game and wishlist pages?

Does anyone here have Steam installed on more than one machine? Are there any issues that I should be aware of? Or is it pretty smooth with no problems?

I have it on 3 machines. No issues to report.

Only thing I’ve run into is the post-purchase screen suggesting the “wrong” computer to install a new game onto. Of course, that link just takes you into the bowels of the community site anyway so it’s strictly cosmetic.

Hmmm, it didn’t work out. When I try to install steam, it asks for steam authenticator codes from that app. That was installed a long time ago on my OnePlus One. That phone stopped working completely for me about 2 months ago.

The weird thing is, Steam doesn’t present any other options. It doesn’t say, click here if you no longer have the app on a working phone, or anything else, you can enter the code, or you can cancel and not log into steam. So I guess that’s my only option?

I guess I’ll try to find the app and install it on my new phone, see if that works.

EDIT: Hey, that worked. The mobile app has an option that says “help, I no longer have the code auhenticator thingie”.

Also, Steam can generate a set of one-use codes (I think 20 at a time) you can save somewhere safe for just such occasions.

I did do that. Around 2013 or 2014 I think. Hell if I know where those are in 2021.

Remote play apparently will no longer requires a steam account for clients, just the host.

You can store them in a password manager.

Is there more to remote play than just an extension of the online coop service? Seeing couch coop games like Necrodancer in the sale, and that seems weird, as - AFAIK - it does not support online co-op.

Remote play creates online co-op out of couch co-op games. It’s basically Steam Link, except somebody else is also playing it on the source machine.

Ooh, neat. Has anyone tested this out? How well does it work.

So I was browsing the steam front page and this has got to be the worst game I have ever seen on there (I didn’t click the link to see details). What the hell is steam doing putting this on the front page?

Spoiler blurred as it is NSFW:

Hidden Object tag has me worried. D:

Haha, and “exploration”. Look, I am no prude, if the game was a Speed situation where you had to find a certain volume of consenting suitors per hour to stay alive I’d like the directness of the title. But coupled with the screenshots (I may be overanalysing but the screenshot I included makes it look like hands that are about to be used to strangle someone) it reads like a threat towards a schoolaged-looking girl.

The avalanche of “anime boobs puzzle game” is bad enough for the store frontpage, but promoting games that simulate fantasies of sexual violence? Geez.

Seems like a prime candidate for teledildonics support.