STEAM SUMMER SALE 2017, June 22-July 5

Thanks for sharing, that was brilliant.

It made me chuckle. I particularly love:

Wolfenstein: The New Order for £7.49/$9.99 – A comatose soldier wakes up in a panic, but is quickly reassured by a nearby doctor, who tells him everything is alt right

That’s the one!

sweet sale, big haul: Dishonored 2, Fallout 4, No Man’s Sky for the big ticket items, then Sunless seas, Headlander, Gettysburg for throw-ins.

Thanks. This is why I could never be a writer. I liked this one :

Caesar distracts from his warring ways by throwing loaves to the people, but Ghandi demands naan violence

My haul so far, only 2 big ticket items: The Long Journey Home & Dishonored 2.

Yeah, I think with SOMA it’s a matter of ‘when’, not ‘if’. It’s one of those that I’ve waited so long that I may wait until it’s in a bundle. I missed it when it was in a monthly. It sounds like it is quite good.

I tried to buy something with my steam wallet funds and I got the error message about my credit card rejecting it also. Steam is borked

Everything almost went to plan:
Grabbed Cold Waters at 80% bugs off, and Shadow of Mordor to see if it runs (it runs).
oh and that LoGiSTiCaL thing… I’ll have to peruse that game’s thread to decypher that UI, because it prevented me to grab that one… more… town.
Awesome persons gifted me Crowtel Renovations (I ragequit it twice already), Wuppo (that thing is so, so cute!) and Take Command 2nd Manassas (fired the tutorial, and wow is that game atmospheric! I’ll have to learn the UI though).

It’s a testament to a work’s brilliance when you are trying to turn its faults into qualities, and succeed at it! It’s that good. I doubt it is ever the right time for it, though.

Just to present an opposing viewpoint: As far as I could tell, it’s a drawer opening and closing simulator. So if you don’t like opening and closing drawers, it’s not the game for you. That’s how it was for me. I tried tolerating it for a few minutes, but I just couldn’t open and close the drawers with as much gusto and enthusiasm that the game wants me to. So I quit.

Yeah. Now updating and downloads are being reported not really working right now for a number of games, including the one i’m trying to test, my new upcoming game. Confirmed by Steam now as an issue. Maybe the load from the sale? Good stuff. Several devs are now reporting downloads getting stuck for customers too and they can’t play.

Downloads and updates worked fine for me an hour ago.

They started being borked about a couple hours ago, and the issue has been spreading.
It happens mostly at the end of files here. On download it seems semi-random. On update it seems constant.

And people ask me why I like to buy most stuff from GOG instead of Steam.

It’s a good thing you saw this coming. I doubt Steam will ever get this issue fixed.

That is some solid choices there. Funnily enough I just heard of Sexy Brutale for the first time yesterday, from an Extra Credits recommendation episode. Seems interesting, if not something I’ll play.

But Planet Coaster and Xcom 2? Thumbs up.

Oh, they will. But it isn’t the first time that happens, and it won’t be the last.

Just take my approach, and recognize that your backlog is big enough, and only buy games if you’re going to play them immediately.

I’ve bought two games this year (ok technically a dozen, but they were humble monthlies I got for the headline game specifically). Even at that pace I’m only at 50%, and that only for a few hours.

But soon, Witcher 3 will be done, and Xcom 2 gets a proper pacing.

I too bounced off of Star Ruler 2 after giving it three good faith efforts. And I really wanted to like this game. It was the economy that got me, as I suspect I lost the forest for the trees.

Good sale for me.

Twilight Struggle
Sexy Brutale
Age of Empires II HD Edition

And a shout out to @geggis for gifting me Invisible, Inc.