Steam Thanksgiving Sale Damage Thread

Gemcraft is great. Probably the best “pure” tower defense game ever.

It’s not bad, but tends to run off the established standard scripts for how countries should be played. The general consensus online is it’s about a solid a Bronze ranked player. There are \5 ranking groups: wood, bronze, silver, gold, platinum.

I think it is good enough to at least get your A&A fix in. I tend to play the online ranked games. They are more of a play-by email where you get a notification it is your turn, and you have 24 hours to make your turn.

I’d be up for playing people also.

I started that thread, and there is no way in hell I came up with a title so clever. @tomchick must have merged it with his thread or something?

Early damage. Pavlov, and Phantasmaphobia because I need more games for my Quest 2. Can’t wait to try Pavlov’s zombie modes.

Well, Generation Zero was something I wanted to try, and for less than ten bucks I pulled the trigger. So far, I really dig the whole explore 1980s Sweden where it’s like a Bergman movie, only in color, with robots.

What do you all think about Ashen?

I enjoyed the portion I played through. It launched on Game Pass, so I played it for a while. But it lacks… something that other Souls-like games have. Some kind of hook or compulsion to keep moving forward. I stopped playing after a bit. I enjoyed the portion I did play though. It’s a decent Souls-like.

I had the same experience with Ashen.

Grabbed these from the last minute discount bin. I’ve been waiting for a sale on CitD for awhile. 90% off is much better than I thought it’d be. The one at the bottom wasn’t something I’d normally get, but it has a soundtrack from the VVVVVV guy.

I snagged XCOM Complete and some Stellaris DLC.

Despite losing a game in extremely dramatic fashion in the latter and only suffering a minor setback in the former, I’m gun shy in the opposite direction than the one you’d expect.