Steel Division 2 - Back to Bagration

Some gameplay:

Gamesplanet has the Steel Division 2 preorder on sale right now.

$33.99
£29.74
33,99€

Prices for Standard edition, other editions on sale too. Preorder should grant you access to the closed beta.

https://us.gamesplanet.com/search?query=only:3886-1,3886-2,3886-3,3886-4

Is that line of sight tool in Steel Division 1? That is nice.

The LoS tool is in SD1, but it doesn’t account for terrain elevation and so is rather inaccurate. The tool in SD2 now factors in elevation and is far and away superior as a result.

Delayed until June.

Has there been any beta footage of how the campaign works? That’s the make or break for me on this.

Nope, the beta is exclusively multiplayer as of now. The best you could do for the time being would be dev diaries.

Too bad they don’t even have skirmish enabled. I’d probably jump in to play around if they did.

Sorry, I kinda lump skirmish and multiplayer together in my head as of late. Skirmish is absolutely available.

GreenManGaming has Steel Division 2 on sale for $31.19 (22% off) in their VIP section right now. They give you a key immediately as the Non-Stop Beta started yesterday and lets you play the game continuously until release. More expensive editions are on sale too.

The Steel Division 2 Beta will start on Wednesday, May 29th at 3PM CEST for the players who pre-ordered the game, and will be playable Non-Stop until the game’s release on June 20th!

Pre-Order the game now through our online shop, on Steam, Gamesplanet or Humble Bundle to secure your access to the Beta! Time to have a look to the monstruous Beta content!

Play with all the Divisions and Units

As the news’ title reads, all the Divisions & Units of the game will be playable throughout the beta. This means 18 Divisions, 9 in each camp, and more than 600 units! Obviously, you will have access to the Deck Builder, and will be able to play in Skirmish in solo, multiplayer and coop up to 5v5 players.

There hasn’t been much info released on the campaign mode recently, has there? That’s the mode that made RD (and to a lesser extent ALB) so interesting to me.

They did put out a video on it last week. The rest of the info is from the assortment of dev diaries they’ve been trickling out over the last few months.

I ended up getting this - I’m enjoying the skirmishes much more than SD1. I think having the objective points, together with the larger maps makes it easier to read the battlefield and work out what I’m doing. If the strategic layer works halfway decently this could be pretty great.

This comes out today and I’m debating taking the plunge. I do like me some WW2.

Ah, I did preorder this and didn’t touch it. Pity I’m traveling for the weekend.

I saw you playing it earlier - thoughts so far?

Mostly that I suck and need to learn the controls.

But otherwise it’s pretty cool.

I am nowhere near a pro but the use of the line sight tool (c key is default i think?) and using smoke are two very important parts of this game as well. Knowing the viewing distance and area using the sight cool is critical and smoke helps before an attack.

So am I missing something or is there no tutorial and no manual and no documentation of any type for this game? I’m supposed to just magically know how to play?

I see the manual option for the dynamic campaign, and that’s cool. Lot’s of helpful info. Just what I need to know what I’m doing at the campaign level! But what about actually, um, playing the game? The boots on the ground stuff that’s the basis for everything else? Please tell me I’m just dumb and missed a “learn to play” button.

-Tom

So does this have the same flaw as previous games - namely that units and battles look impressive at ground level, but you spend all your time zoomed out to where tanks are 4 pixels in size?