Stellaris grand strategy space game by Paradox discussy thingy thready thingy

I’m pleased they’re putting the naval cap back to 9999 and increasing the titan cap above 3, as well. Looking forward to getting in after this patch gets finalized.

Currently my only gripe, if you can call it that, is that a play sessions needs t be 2 or 3 hrs to get anything progressed, and there isn’t an in game way of keeping notes is there?

Not many games have that but IMHO that could be super useful.

That way i can go a week without playing and not be too disadvantaged coming back into it.

Look at me complaining that the game sucks me in lol…

“More More More” said the Baby.

I vote for espionage, trade and diplomacy first.

Civ 6 has a couple of good mods that do this. One is Smoother Difficulty. It dials back initial AI bonuses like extra settlers and bonus production, and in general aims to shift AI bonuses later. Another is Deity++, which does similar things but only at Deity and its own tougher-than-Deity settings.

I like all these ideas for Stellaris, except that I’m that crazy outlier who kind of likes tile management.

I don’t mind tile management on a limited number of planets, but I would like there to be more interesting choices than there are right now.

Where did they say that?

I’m hoping that they make Collosi a bit faster. Not that I’ve got to that point yet, but how it works from the descriptions I’ve read seems rather too limited.

Wiz replied in this thread and said the hard cap of three is a relic of an earlier naval cap limit and doesn’t make sense anymore, so they’re increasing it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/82s8ui/the_3_titan_cap_needs_to_go_should_be_1_titan_per/

Any ideas why my fleet wants to take an indirect route to a neighboring hostile system? There is a hostile fleet there, but that was my target. If I right-click on the system or the enemy fleet, my fleet wants to got around a four system loop to get to the neighboring system.

Also, my troop transport ships refused to move back to a system they’d already passed through. That system was still controlled by me, and they were supposed to be travelling with another of my fleets, which was already in that system.

I’m making a mess of my first war, but the game is also fighting me with the simplest of things and not giving any indication why it won’t do what I’m asking it to do. I knew I should have blown off the request to join this war.

Most likely avoiding a system with an FTL inhibitor.

Maybe there is an enemy FTL inhibitor in the system his fleet is currently in? Then the only valid route out is back the way they came.

Was the “system they’d already passed through” the system that they entered this system from? If there is a still a functioning enemy FTL inhibitor in the system, they wouldn’t be able to do that.

Overall, the FTL inhibitor can be as confusing as Forts in EU4 (even when not buggy - and it may still be a bug).

I think if the inhibitor is blocking movement, the hyperlane shows up as Red. So should be quick to check.

How does that work if say two of your fleets entered the system from different hyperlanes? They each have to go back on the same link they came in on? Or am I misunderstanding how it works?

I think that’s correct. I believe each fleet has its own origin system that it arrived from. If there’s still a functioning FTL inhibitor in the system, that fleet can only return to its origin system.

I’m not sure how that’s displayed on the map, if the hyperlanes would change color based on what fleet you had selected or what. I’m just going off of memory where Wiz was showing off the colored hyperlanes that indicated allowed/disallowed movement paths.

Man the fleet manager is a great idea, but the execution is completely borked. I thought I set up a nice fleet template for an existing fleet, hit the reinforce button, and it pretty much doubled the number. My economy is draining so fast now. (And ship upkeep is ridiculously high now).

Yeah, I really like the idea.

I always set my ship designs to auto-upgrade. At the end of a war, I forgot that a couple of techs had come through so my designs were all updated, rendering my fleets all 0/X because the designs were old.

So, after the war I click reinforce and the manager ques up an entire fleet worth of ships. I noticed about halfway through when my income nose-dived. Paused things, cancelled all of the queued ships at the ship yards and now I have fleets are won’t fill out because the queue in the fleet manager - which I did not know existed - has phantom ships queued up that I can’t remove. To fix it, I’d have to manually removed every ship from the fleet, because the disband fleet button destroys ships in the fleet for what I can only assume are very good reasons, create a new fleet and manually add them. I can’t even remove designs from these old fleets, clicking the minus at 0 will take the that design to negative numbers and fleet power.

It seems like you can avoid this by always upgrading the ships fully before reinforcing. I know this at least fixed it with manual ship designs.

@Romalar has it right. It seems to get confused when you have new designs that are added to the template with existing ships waiting to upgrade.

I’ve taken to turning off “Auto-Design Best” or whatever it’s called (NOT the auto-upgrade option) and create and add my own designs only. I’ve experienced 0 issues since doing so, and I’ve been utilizing fleets of multiple types of Corvettes, Destroyers, etc.

“Man X is a great idea, but the execution is completely borked”, that’s Stellaris in a nutshell.

Mine too. And I love building wonders!

Another 2.0.2 patch update

Most interesting to me:

• Faith in Science now gives 3 months of Unity production per tech unlocked instead of adding Unity production to assist research
  • To Boldly Go now gives +50% science ship disengage chance instead of +30 science ship evasion
  • Planetary Survey Corps has been replaced with Databank Uplinks; which unlocks Assist Research (techs related to Assist Research are no longer researchable, and base effect was buffed)