Steve Wiebe: New Donkey Kong Jr Record Holder

And hopefully new Donkey Kong record holder after E3.

Well I guess it’s time for me to mail in this super secret VHS tape I’ve been holding on to…

After seeing King of Kong my hope is that his kid is now old enough to wipe his own ass.

Who wouldn’t want to be in the Video Game Hall of Fame?

That’s great to hear. He seemed like a genuinely sweet guy in The King of Kong. It broke my heart when Billy Mitchell completely ignored him in the movie and I could see the tears in Wiebe’s eyes.

I love this:

As if Walter Day didn’t sit there and type that press release.

If anybody wants to see, there’s a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.

I don’t see how you can play DK Jr. that long. I loved the idea of that game, jumping from vine to vine, but DK Jr made the original DK seem “kiddy” in it’s unchecked rage toward the player.

Be sure to tell the postman that he can lose his life, but don’t lose the video tape.

Well… at least it isn’t Goatse.

Has his own DS, even. (~3:05)

The best/worst moment in King of Kong was the exchange with Wiebe’s young daughter:

Jillian Wiebe: I never knew that the Guinness World Record Book was so… I never knew it was so important.
Steve Wiebe: I guess a lot of people are… yeah, a lot of people read that book.
Jillian Wiebe: [while directly looking at Steve, her father] Some people sort of ruin their lives to be in there.

Yeah mono, that part was so awesome/terrible that I have trouble believing she actually came up with that on her own. Maybe she heard Mommy say it or something.

So dumb. It’s a shirt that they sell, yet they don’t want people to link to it?

YOU HAVE TO BUY IT TO SEE IT, DAVE. :)

Well, if you want a record, Gauntlet II 4 player team is wide open. :)
Yes you and 3 drunk buddies can hold a video game hall of fame record!

Alright! I am in… who else wants to do this?

Hmm… Funspot is just a couple hours from here. Tax free alcohol on the way, too!