Stonehearth: A DF-like Town Builder

See, that’s exactly how I justified this one :)

My son is playing tons of Minecraft, and he really just uses it as a big sandbox in creative mode. I think this type of game will be the next step on the ladder for him to see if he likes the genre and can pick up the RP/Strategy elements. I pledged for something like $50 as well. I’ll also love to play it my self of course, but I’m looking at this as one for him.

Like you guys, I think my daughter and I will love this. I backed it too. Thanks for the find.

Kickstarter just hit 300k.

I want seasons. I want snow. That’s the goal when kickstarter hits 380k.

This looks like it could be awesome, but I haven’t pulled the trigger yet. I’m seriously thinking about it though, probably at the $30 level to get the beta.

Kickstarter hit 320k and we get a new class: geomancer!

Kickstarter is at 349k and we have a new hostile faction: elementals!

Still hoping for 380k. I want snow!

This game really looks like it is going in the right direction. I can’t wait to see where it lands… backed.

I really want Coop. I’ve backed my first software centric projects with two recent projects, and coop in this kind of game would make me incredibly thrilled. It’s close to that goal.

Coop will be in, and so will the alternative planes as this KS will easily hit 500K. It is making almost $10K a day in the lowest part of the cycle, it is possible it will see above $600K before it ends.

I hope so, I love the idea of alternate planes.

Up to 363k. New class: the engineer.

Fiendishly complex traps. Steam pumps. Black powder. In his moments of genius, this Master Craftsman boosts your town’s productivity with miraculously advanced tools and weaponry. In his other moments…

“With steam, human ingenuity, and enough pipes, anything is possible!”

Come on, 380k and snow!

Yea, they are so hitting the $500,000 stretch goal by the time this is over.

Yes!! 385k means there will be snow!

Coop is now officially in (by including the $13,800 they’ve collected from Paypal). New Stretch Goals:

$450,000 Festivals: Join your townsfolk as they celebrate popular holidays like Solstice, Harvest, and The Monday of The Twelve Golden Fruit. Properly provisioned festivals produce happy, energetic workers. Forgotten events invite the wrath of greater powers…

[i]“Though color variations make it clear at which point in its cycle the banana ought to be eaten, the proper way to hold the fruit is still debated. Though all scholars agree that the curved, nearly hexagonal shape fits the human fist, accounts vary as to whether the golden peel should be pulled back from the stem (as is traditional) or up from the black nub at the bottom. Either way, so please the gods.”

–Celebrant Jordan, Treatises on the Rituals of The Monday of the Twelve Golden Fruit[/i]

$500,000 Alternate Planes: Many dimensions lurk beneath the fabric of reality. Lured by the promise of untold riches and arcane secrets, your bravest townsfolk open portals to previously unknown realms. What could possibly go wrong?

[i]Through the door I saw… the sky. The sky at night, when the stars fill one end of the horizon to the other. Except… the stars were ordered in perfect rows, like corn in the field. And little round plates studded with rubies dashed around between them, jabbing lances of light at each other. One of the plates… flew apart as I watched. In a ball of fire!

…No more mushrooms for me.

– From the diary of Archmage Twellot[/i]

$550,000 Upgraded Musical Score: The Japanese RPGs from which Stonehearth draws its artistic inspiration were as much defined by their soundtrack as their visual style. Help us draw on the talent of a variety of professional musicians to create an enticing score that will stand up to a decade’s worth of play.

$600,000 Three Playable Kingdoms: Hardy explorers and canny traders join our hardworking settlers in their quest to build, farm, and fight their way across the land. At the start of each game, choose one of the three kingdoms, each with its own unique perks.

Healing Crosswinds Caravan, Transcript, Early Summer, Immediately before The Incident

This game sounds so awesome I just feel weird pre-ordering a game when it’s well over a year to release. Since they have the funds to make it it’s not like I’m going to do much by giving them my money now, and they want a lot (relatively) for beta access.

I’m glad some of you guys have a lot of money to throw around for the things you love, I hope to be there some day.

Some games just really grab ya man. I totally pitched $100+ for the Star Citizen campaign even though it’s well over a year away. This has grabbed me too. WANT SO BAD.

I am very (and perhaps irrationally) tempted to go in for the $2000 level.

If this gets even a fraction of the traction Minecraft has amongst my kids’ peer group, it would be super-cool to have a boss, NPC, locations, etc named after them.

Heh, bet that’d be pretty cool for them to show their friends :)

The thing I like about Kickstarter is the idea of consumer patronage of what I consider to be an art. I wish I had that kind of money to throw around on cool ideas but, alas, they will have to do with my minimum pledge levels. :)

Ok, the ‘surge’ has begun, last three days averaging over 20K. At this rate, they should be able to hit 600K with just a little umph, and I think they have that. 6.25 days left.