Stowaway is a dumb movie and here are some spoilery posts to prove it

Huh… I had no idea what I was going in to watch, so it was nice to first get a seemingly hard scifi flick, there weren’t that many at the time, and then nice to have my expectations subverted in a genre mashup… it was all so unexpected at the time I saw it.

I could see that and I know people who really liked it. But I’m in the “loves sci fi” and “hates horror” camps, so it went from awesome to terrible in a short span.

I watched this and thought it was interesting. More the interplay of how the stowaway guy is totally in the dark, even happy about his situation, while the rest of the crew are in full blown crisis/panic/sad mode.

Once he finds out the real situation the movie gets less interesting.

Hey, we don’t do that here in America. :)

That joke is untouchable.

I watched this with my two daughters as they are Anna Kendrick fans as am I. It was so bad for so many reasons. I actually do find space walk drama and tension effective (For All Mankind) and that may be partially because I have developed a fear of heights in my old age. And it was tense, but when you create tension by simply eschewing what would seem to be obvious and practical safety measures, it’s irritating.

And did my crew miss it? Did they accept his excuse for being an unconscious stowaway, charlk his lack of details up to a concussion and never ask again? That was kinda infuriating.

Most of my issues have already been mentioned above. I just assumed it got made by Anna Kendrick producing it, but, no, someone seems to have created a set piece around a crazy space walk and then built a movie attempting to establish a situation that allowed the film to get to it and barely filling in the “why” any of the things happened or had to happen.

I assumed by default based on how the movie started out that all the science was wrong.

I think the Cloverfield movie set in space did do this? The stowaway guy got of pretty easy in comparison.

I know I saw this, but honestly I have zero recollection of it. I seem to have purged it from my memory.

Same here. I guess it was that forgettable.

I remember that it was unrelentingly awful!

Ha ha, we saw The Cloverfield Paradox!

-Tom

No one can blame us for wanting to see more giant cloverfield monster stuff!

But the best part of all is that the Cloverfield space movie had exactly zero giant monsters in it.

It was so bad. I’ll take Stowaway over Cloverfield Paradox any day. Not that Stowaway was good, but at least it didn’t just have nonsensical shit happen and then just shrug and point at the script to explain it.

Anyone else read this?

Isn’t there like a video feed of a news clip in the background at the very end or something?

You may be right, I’ll concede the point. I’d have to watch the movie again to remind myself and, uh, yeah.

The Cloverfield space movie has exactly one giant monster(s) in it.

At the end, poking through the clouds, because the Cloverfield monster is apparently a mile tall or something.

I think this was the bit I was thinking of :)

https://youtu.be/HwbYieF8KDQ?t=1457