Strange Brigade - Rebellion, 1930's, co-op, hordes

Oh damn I want to play that

Not officially out until Tuesday, AFAIK. Game looks very cool, though.

Tom streaming this twice in one week, he likes it he really likes it!

I also heard a F-U-N mentioned during tonight stream.

I broke down and picked this up on PS4 today. Lots of fun even as a single player game.

Yeah I will land up getting this. While the Rebellion games have a sort of ”jank” to them the whole is usually more than the sum of its parts. This looks like some light hearted fun.

Ok so first off, damn you @tomchick for making this look so fun the other night. I picked it up and am really enjoying it. Single player for now, but I can imagine it being even more fun with a co-op partner or full team.

Some screens:

Looks nice. Sale buy!

[quote=“midnight.mangler, post:25, topic:130097, full:true”]
Yeah I will land up getting this. While the Rebellion games have a sort of ”jank” to them…[/quote]

I would be inclined to agree with this for everything before the latest Sniper Elite. Did you play that? I might be looking at it through rose-colored glasses, but it felt pretty polished to me. I feel Strange Brigade is also an example of post-jank Rebellion. Of course, jank can mean different things to different people, so when you finally give in and get it, I’ll be curious if you would also apply that to Strange Brigade. :)

-Tom

I am revisiting Nazi Zombie Army right now, the first one, I never finished it! And the “jank” is mighty in it!

9-1-2018%208-11-27%20PM

I think Sniper Elite 3 onward have been pretty great. :)

Hey @lordkosc I noticed that you’d fired up NZA, since we’re Steam friends. I’ve never gotten very far in it but I’d be up for some co-op if you’re game. I’m in the Pacific time zone, don’t know what part of the country you’re in as far as coordination goes.

@Papageno , I am on the East Coast Best Coast. ;)

I got lost in Two Point Hospital tonight, buy yeah if I find time tomorrow I’ll let you know. I have friends already queued up for some Deep Rock Galactic and Vermintide 2 tomorrow. D:

Man, too many of you all live back East or in the Midwest. Sounds like you’re booked for tomorrow, but I’m putting the bug in your ear. Do you have the Trilogy or just the first game?

Oops, I guess I should have looked at your post above. I have both BTW.

It is in large part due to your enthusiastic endorsement that I picked up Sniper Elite 4 in a recent sale, but at present it is sitting in the backlog as I am working my way through the excellent MGS V while learning DCS’ F-5E aircraft so I can play @Anklebiter’s custom mission. I have been playing Sniper 3 Elite off and on over the past few months and am enjoying it - although it doesn’t command my intensity such that I need to burn through it to the exclusion of all else. That said I reckon if I get as much enjoyment out of Strange Brigade as I am out of SE3 it will be a worthwhile buy. I very much love the idea of the pulp fiction 30’s angle they have put on it. But probably will only get to it by Christmas at the current rate - having a one year old has put the brakes on my gaming life somewhat, even as I continue to buy more and more games! :)

Yes, to be honest, this series is the most recent example of what I had in mind when thinking of “the jank”. That said, I did enjoy them. It’s curious how some games manage to nail the essence of some indefinable thing that keeps you playing when normally you’d move on to the many manifestly better things in your backlog… Part of it though is that I do tend to play these kind of games a few minutes here and there over a long period of time until I eventually finish them. After a long day at work picking up something complex and figuring out where you are in it becomes a bit exhausting after a while, which means one needs something simple for weekdays - gaming bubblegum, if you will. I am hopeful though from what I have seen that Strange Brigade will be a worthwhile main course of fun.

Saw this posted over on ResetERA:

And found a video now:

How does the split screen work for co-op play?

There’s splitscreen? Cool. It sounds like a console thing, as I don’t think it’s in the PC version. But assuming you can stomach splitscreen, this seems like it would be a great game for it.

-Tom

FREE UPDATE #2 is out now.

@tomchick needs to be taken down in score attack