Strange musical request

I fail at forums.

I know you’re looking for a choral element, but would you be satisfied with doom metal in general? Because if you want to go for the heavier more ponderous stuff than what you mentioned, that’s what you’d be looking at.

Mael Mordha Gaelic Doom Metal, no choral stuff but good metal.

Primordial. Another Irish metal band. Not choral in anyway, but very sweeping and epic, full of emotion. To The Nameless Dead is the album you’d want first.

Neither of those are exactly what you’re looking for, but I think you might like them based on what you’ve said so far.

They literally caused me to rage. They have no understanding of what sounds good, yet they pile instrument upon instrument on their bland.

Urgh!

might as well just send him straight to sunn o))) :D

Here’s a belated update to this request of mine: I ended up finding exactly what I was looking for. The Devin Townsend Project released an album last year (a couple years after this thread was created) that is so damn eerily similar to precisely what I was looking for here that it’s as if he read my post, hacked into my brain, and downloaded what I’d been imagining directly to his album [B]Deconstruction[/B].

I am still constantly blown away every time I put this sucker on, blown away by just how perfectly this album encapsulates what I was aiming for when creating this thread in the first place, as stated here:

I’m looking for a wall-of-sound type choir sound with harmonizing over contemporary type music, preferably rock & metal or the like. Although bands like System of a Down do tons of harmonizing on later albums I’m talking more of a choir sound than something like this, but preferably with the choir tracks being more front and center.

I can’t say that this music has any mass appeal, but I can say that this album quickly ascended as one of my top favorite albums of all time.

Here are a few standout tracks from Deconstruction. Since some of the most glorious stuff takes place in the middle of one of the many 9-16 minute long tracks on the album, I’m just going to link a couple shorter & more digestible songs to help paint the picture of what it is I had in mind this whole time.

Sumeria
Pandemic
Juular (Official Video)