Student handcuffed for carrying Arabic flash cards

Because if there’s one thing a terrorist will do, it’s talk on the internet about how easy terrorism is.

violently pushes everything off his desk into a loud, crashing heap

I feel better.

I am not defending what happened to that one dude in any way, shape or form but when you post to a high traffic site like reddit and use obvious flag words like “bomb” and “terrorism,” you are sticking your neck out.

And obviously the neck of anyone you know.

Except the guy whose car was tracked didn’t write the post, his friend did.

Hmm. Is there anything regarding comments from his friend? Aside from the “no comment.”

I’d guess the thought process there was to interrogate a friend of the guy, since if the actual guy is guilty, he’ll be trying to cover it up whereas a friend might be more forthcoming with what he knows.

Especially if he includes a comment like “now i’m surely bugged” at the end - he’s just daring Johnny Law to try to stop his reign of terror!

The friend’s comments are all over reddit, from before and after this thing blew up: http://www.reddit.com/user/khaledthegypsy

It’s hard to see why the experts at the FBI considered these posts a threat. I think I’ve posted pretty much the same thing as the original post that got him in trouble before. It actually makes a little freaked that the FBI won’t have much luck with an actual terrorist, if they consider this a ‘lead’ worthy of a team of agents.

The friend’s comments are all over reddit, from before and after this thing blew up: http://www.reddit.com/user/khaledthegypsy

It’s hard to see why the experts at the FBI considered these posts a threat. I think I’ve posted pretty much the same thing as the original post that got him in trouble before. Not the stoner posts, the terrorism one.

But have you found your GPS tracker yet?

I just leave it in place. GPS Anti-Theft trackers are pricey, this one I get for free!

So are you saying that everyone in that thread got FBI tracking devices… or only the one whos IP address turned up an Arabic name?

Hans…that’s a pretty foreign sounding name…

Pretty sure I didn’t say either of those things, Hans. That is not to say that him having an Arabic name didn’t add to the interest, I am sure it did. And was everyone in that thread friends with Afifi?

Way to go, Anders. Now Bulhajj is going to go to jail. :(

Please tell me that a law enforcement agency can’t legally bug and track the movements of a citizen like that without some form of judicial/court oversight.

Sure, but I think the larger point is that this is not how things should be.

I don’t know any of these people, if anyone’s watching.

Reminds me of this scene:

Ha ha, you`re joking right?