Stupid shit you see on Facebook

You asked what senior wouldn’t trust a white cop… there are a lot of them.

You can trick a lot of people into doing things by just speaking with authority over the phone.
And that doesn’t even include lying to them.
If you’re willing to pretend to be law enforcement or the IRS or the like, you can do a ton.

Dunno about the others, but I guarantee the Kardashians will be…

There are also the oldies but goodies. Walk swiftly with a clipboard and look important. In NYC I used to wear a hi-viz vest and just walk through the subway gate holding up my wallet. I walked down a corridor until I met a security guard at a Metallica concert to get out of the nosebleed seats. I told him that my friend had my asthma inhaler in the good seats because he forgot to give it to me. I went into a long corridor where people were running around a lot. There was one dude that seemed to be in charge. So I went up to him (I am wearing MC boots, black jeans and an MC jacket.) and complained that I hadn’t gotten my Full Access pass yet. He was so busy that he gave me his all access wristband and wandered away.

Reminds me of that incident in which the manager and a couple of employees at a McDonalds were tricked into strip searching and assaulting another employee by a voice on the phone telling them he was a cop.

I need to reevaluate my life if Facebook thinks I give two shits about Mike Huckabee’s version of US History.

In response to someone posting a story from NBC:

“NBC is up and out there with CNN second rate news. Go to one news now and read the truth you might be shocked.”

Yes… the truth of ONN a site of insane shit that never happened written by crazy people.

Also dude is unemployed and posts this on his timeline:

I can’t even.

To be fair, the tax / welfare thing is pretty much Reagan Republican.

AKA, “stupid shit” :)

I especially like the picture of the, shall we say “strapping young bucks” in the middle of the article. They’s comin’ for our wimmins!, exactly what I’d expect from Tucker Carlson’s rag.

As to the assertions within the article about the effects of the bill, I do not know enough to discuss them :)

So is the fear among reasonable people that transgender females (former males) will be competing with genetic females? No one expects males to be playing on females teams, do they?

Pretty much. They have a massive biological advantage, to the point that even having separate competitions for men and women is basically moot (ie. nearly all women’s sports would be dominated by transgender women).

Yeah. I’m all for being welcoming and inclusive to transgender people. But I am ardently opposed to letting them compete in women’s athletics*

*with possible exceptions where the women’s athletics is the more rigorous and difficult competition. In which case transgender men should be barred from the men’s competition.

What would that be? I can’t think of any examples.

Off hand I do t have many either, perhaps certain gymnastics disciplines that particularly favor teenage girls for their higher degrees of flexibility and agility. And ultra marathons favor women, the crossover point is at around the 50 mile range, before that men have a distinct advantage.

I basically leave the caveat as I am by no means an expert on every sport, and it is theoretically possible there are some sports where women have an intrinsic advantage.

Everything old is new again…

The problem with your argument is that you are quite obviously not – and weren’t even as a teenager – at all dumb. I’ve lived in predominantly Republican neighborhoods a good portion of my life and they simply don’t figure it out. Is it part out of stupidity? Some, especially among the less educated. More I’d say is out of intellectual and emotional laziness: It’s what they were taught and why bother to question it? The societal effect, of course, is the same as deliberate racism and sexism, but, in a way, I think you’re giving the majority too much “credit” for making a deliberate choice.