Subnautica - SCUBA, Unknown Worlds, drowning

What? No way. That’s the first thing I tried in the game. I don’t remember what it was, but there was definitely something preventing me from going in there. Either some kind of animal or radiation or something.

Yeah, ASAP is a relative term. There are some steps required before you can fully explore there, but keep in mind that the things you find in the wreck will help with later exploration.

I don’t remember needing a moonpool until the midgame. Mostly this is because the parts/blueprints are found in mid-depth areas. (I was definitely able to comfortably explore the Jelly Shroom caves before getting a moonpool.)

I love it when I see this thread getting lots of action, great game !! I’m almost jealous of the people getting their 1st look at it. Play without spoilers as much as you can, the discovery of things was my favorite part.

One trick you can use early on, is to carry multiple air tanks and swap them out, which opens up quite a few possibilities :P Only trick to this is, they have to be equipped to refill as well, so you need to cycle them when you surface.

Yeah I’ll probably wait until full release of Sub Zero as well, I’m just really curious already =)

About the Jelly Caves - I actually never found an entrance to it. My game is a bit buggy at times with loading the world, so when I was out looking for the signal of the Degasi-base down there, I came across a square of the ocean floor that was just… gone. Or not loaded. I went to that bottom and my Seamoth just kept going down, for a few meters I was just completely disoriented with travelling in “nothing” - then suddenly I was in the Jelly Caves.
Really easy way in, if a bit unsettling =)

I actually found the blueprints for a lot of different buildings like the moonpool, the seamoth and different rooms and upgrades, long before I found the blueprint for the Mobile Vehicle Bay. So it took some time before I got the Seamoth built.

I put that out for quite some time, but you definitely MUST have the radiation suit, the repair tool, the propulsion cannon and a laser cutter. It took me some time to find the blueprints for the las two (I actually think I found the blueprint for the Propulsion cannon ON Aurora, in the only accessible point without it, so I had to take two runs there).

Yeah I am not sure if the blue prints are randomized but they definitely feel like it, at least within an area with maybe exceptions.

Because finding laser cutter blue prints behind a door I had to laser cut makes no sense.

I feel like a few of them are at set places, like Prawn Suit (logically enough) and a few major buildings. I’m now on the search for the Alien Containment room and I actually had to google it in the end, so I’ll try to find it tonight. Weapons and tools and such seem to be spread around on different locations though.

And HEY

Definitely seeing this point now. I was terrified first time I saw a bone shark, now they’re just annoying. If I just get used to the new and scary creatures for a while, they’re not so scary anymore (still fleeing in panic if I as much as see the tail of a Reaper though).

I played for a couple (ehrm… maybe a bit more) hours yesterday and made a huge leap all of a sudden - upgraded my Seamoth twice to 900 crush meters, found lots of arms to the PRAWN suit (that I have not yet built), found all clue-locations (except the ones for the alien facility). Was just on the way to the second Degasi base when a purple dude just zapped my Seamoth away from me.
Luckily I saved just before that, so I’ll try to build a defense module before trying to go there again, if I can.

Just finished a hardcore playthrough that was oddly relaxing :P I’ve played this enough now to avoid much real trouble. Such a fun game. Really tempted to get into speed running this game.

You’re doing great. Purple dudes, that’s their shtick. They teleport you at inopportune times. Not horribly scary but it’s unnerving when you’re in an area you’re trying to get away from something and BOOM, you aren’t in your vehicle or suit. You get better at dealing with them.

For some of the stuff coming up, as well as for the reapers you’ve seen, sound and light are your weaknesses.

Weelll I think I relly fricked up and am now stuck =)=)=)
I got down to the Giant Cove Tree and decided to build a base. Only, I didn´t bring any Lubricant or Creepvine clusters. I came here in my stupid PRAWN SUIT, which doesn´t go below 900 m, and that giant fall I jumped down to get to the tree is impossible to get up, since I don´t have jet upgrades (don´t even know if that would help).
So I can´t get back up to my Cyclops or back to base, and I can´t go deeper since my suit breaks down.
I tried killing myself (lol), but I wake up in the stupid tiny base I built at the tree.

So - do you have any great tips or will I just have to deconstruct my base and kill myself again to get back to my regular base?

Is swimming back to your Cyclops and bringing it down to pick up the Prawn out of the question?

I wont make it, plus it’s out of power! Lol

I came up with the best possible solution I think, I just deconstructed the hatch to the habitat and killed myself, woke up in the lifepod, swam back to my first base where my trysted seamoth is. Gonna build A LOT more upgrades before going back there. Sheesh

If you can craft the grapple arm for it, it becomes amazing for traversal.

You really need to prepare for going that deep with the idea of building a base.

I did accidentally enter the shroom caves with a non upgraded prawn once. Getting out was still a real sonavabitch. But it was possible. You really want the grappling hook before going nuts with that thing. The prawn is basically mobile power armor. Nothing can trouble you.

Did you have a fabricator in your base?

If so, you could have constructed a couple of tanks and just swam out, swapping them out when they got low on air. The high capacity tanks only take glass and titanium + silver which are all abundant down there by the blue tree.

When you get the jump jets + grappling arm, you will have so much ease of traversal, you’ll wonder why you didn’t add those before venturing forth. The drill arm is bonus but jump jets and grapple are really needed.

Jump jets was the last upgrade I was able to find so I never really used it unfortunately. That blue tree area I just… passed through and down with the Cyclops. Never dreamed of going that deep in anything else!

I did NOT think of that.

Grapple arm is crafted now (and torpedo arm out of mistake, I wasn´t paying attention). Also have the drill arm. Haven´t found the blueprint for the propulsion arm, but not sure if I want it.
I´m gonna have to go back and forth one more time for the depth upgrade for the Prawn Suit (nickel), or maybe build a moonpool down there. We´ll see.

I didn´t think Cyclops would be able to go in there, but then, I didn´t try! Just figured it was too big, plus the ghost leviathan scares me =)) Seamoth is perfect for swooshing by it unnoticed, and I can just park it right above the 900 m crush depth to my base. Really wish it had more depth upgrades =( (does it??)

By the way - I “parked” the prawn suit on top of an egg in that cove tree, since it breaks down below it. Looks a bit funny but whatever works right?

Protip :) You can build a moonpool at the ceiling of that area and get the Seamoth into it.

The Cyclops can (fairly) easily get all the way the “end zone”. I didn’t take the time to git gud with the Prawn, but I’m told with grapples its the fastest way to travel.

Yeah, my logic was basically ‘getting this big-ass thing down there will be easier and more convenient than building a new static base’!

I know a lot of folk love the PRAWN suit but the Seamoth is my favourite. Unfortunately it has a depth limitation fully upgraded that means you have to look at other tech to access the deepest areas. The PRAWN suit is marvellous with the grapple hook though.