Super Auto pets is about to eat your life.

Well, I didn’t know a fricking game about pets battling it out on a pixel map would be this addictive…

Bet this spawns a whole new genre…

Have at it ye soon to be doomed addicts.

Also, team names…the team naaames.

Yeah, my friend is nagging our play group to get into this.

Pixel map?

Very addictive

Well I lost about six hours of my day to this.

It’s directly in the lineage of auto battlers spawned by DOTA auto chess (Teamfight Tactics, Underlords, etc)

Async multiplayer is a brilliant addition though.

I guess it is but this doesn’t feel like an auto chess game to me. I could never comprehend games like dota auto chess with all their insane number of heroes and weird rules. But this game keeps it simple and has understandable interactions

Only just stumbled across this - what a wonderful game!

Initially the cutesy aesthetic was a little off-putting but the more I played it the more it grew on me. I think the animal theme actually helps the game as my brain somehow manages to make links between an animal and its abilities better than if, say, they were warriors/archers/mages, or dragons/ogres/goblins. Plus it drew my daughter in!

I haven’t played any other auto battlers so can’t really speak to its relative merit, but its complexity level sits in a comfortable spot where its engaging but not mentally exhausting.

I watch like two hours of Northernlion playing this every single day AND I HATE NORTHERNLION

I think that’s how I came across it. Was searching for videos on another game, ended up on a NorthernLion one, and then saw almost every second video he puts out was for some ‘cute pet game’.

Watched one of those videos and had no idea what he was doing other than it sounded fairly strategic. Figured if it was free and (seemingly) deep, why not give it a crack?

And here we are… :)

I actually was looking back into Underlords, only to find the game died. Autochess was a little too… lost in translation, and Teamfight Tactics seems to be waaaay beyond my available brainpower (even if I could learn the units, I doubt I could ever handle items which appear to be key). Super Auto Pets came up in a few searches of ‘similar games’, but the cute factor seemed a bit too high. Hearing good things about it here though…

It’s free, and a tiny download. Do it! 🙂

I frequently install this, play it in a trance all day, then uninstall it. It is deceptively deep, like Hearthstone battlegrounds.

The achievement stickers are nefarious. Especially when the new expansion packs were added that pushed the total number of pets out to 300+

Shame on me for ignoring this. It is exactly the auto battler I was looking for.

Yessss, join usssss…

Got my first win in arena tonight. Yesterday I was struggling to get five victories, and then today I strung a few 7s, 8s, and 9s together, before finally cracking it. Stuff just starts to click mentally.

And unlike some other games, winning just made me want to play more!

I really enjoy playing the weekly pack because it has different pets every monday, which makes for different synergies as new options appear and old ones go missing.

Dromedary/Goldfish is one I’m enjoying messing around with this week.