Supraland - 3D puzzle platforming in a sandbox

I must have stopped playing right around that point, which is typical for me. My understanding is that the sequel has more of a hub and spoke arrangement, which might make it easier to progress (less time spent figuring out where to be?). Anyone played it?

You got to that point about 2x as fast as I did.

How much more did you play after this? I thought I was goiing to quit yesterday, but I ended up progressing today and I’m on the carrot farm. I really think I’m done, at least for now. This game is actually really well done, but I think I’m burned out on it. I’d say maybe I’ll revisit, but I will have probably forgotten what the heck to do.

That was my experience. Well made, could use a bit more nudging to make progress. I lost momentum and never got it back.

I made it quite a bit farther.

Each time I got stuck, I got stuck. But then I started the game over a few months later on a different platform.

So first I was playing the Steam version of the game that I bought. I got stuck. Then a few months later, game came to game pass. I played the Xbox version past where I got stuck and kept going until I got stuck. Then I played the Windows 10 version of the game from the start. I got past the Xbox version and kept going until I got stuck. Then a few months later, I played the Steam version up to where I was in the Win10 version and past it until I got stuck. Then a few months later I went back to the Xbox version of the game and played past where I got stuck in the Steam version. When I got stuck, I stopped. Then a few months later I went back to the Win10 version. I played past where I got stuck in the Xbox version until I got stuck.

Since then it’s been a few months. Really, what I should do is go back to the Steam version. That will put me enough backward that I will have to relearn the game, but in a familiar environment that I’ve already solved multiple times. That always helps.

I finished the original, and was sorry to leave the sandbox. It was a pretty cool little game. It is solvable ;)

Haven’t tried the sequel/dlc yet.

The sequel has a nice discount currently:

Compared to the first Supraland game:

• Half of the player abilities are the same, the other half is new
  • The puzzles are simpler in the main path; hard puzzles are mostly optional
  • There is less combat and all enemy types are new
  • Much more optional content, a lot of it only accessible after the credits
  • Almost all music was tailor made for the game while the first Supraland was using inexpensive, licensed music
  • The credits roll a few hours earlier than in the first game but there is much more significant endgame content

I saw that and was tempted, not sure since I bailed on the first one. Maybe I’ll wait for a future sale after some time has past.

I was tempted as well, but I’m going to finish the first game before I buy the second one. Overall I’ve really enjoyed myself, so I see no reason to stop.

I mean, worst case scenario, I’ll have to look up a solution to the puzzle I’m stuck on. I’m okay with that. At least it’s not like Jedi Outcast, where I had to look up a solution to a jumping puzzle every 5 minutes.