Supreme Commander - NEW screenshots from IGN

I so wish I could afford the machine and time I would need to play this game.

Total Annihilation was better once Core Contingency came out, with new hover units, terrains, submarines, mines, artillery, and more. Many games end up that way…

If you save up vacation time and money for the next twelve months, you’ll be able to buy a great computer, a better game overall, and be able to enjoy them both :)

No one, but no one, can get a new Core Contingency on the PC now.

I personally found Kohan 2 more enjoyable than Kohan 1, but I can see why some hardcore fans of the first game might feel otherwise. It’s not an incremental update to the first game, but instead a somewhat different game.

Nice try, but that’s not what you said. :) “Universally poor impressions” implies something considerably different. On the contrary, without even checking Gamerankings, I’m guessing it got widespread positive reviews.

At any rate, I’d encourage you to look up some of the threads here, although I don’t know how buried they are in other subjects. If you’re interested, here’s the review I did for CGW and here’s a brief blurb on its slot on my top ten games of that year.

-Tom

More evidence that review scores are utterly confusing and useless.

except DX2, as its craptitude was painfully obvious from forums

More evidence that reviews themselves are largely useless.

Boy did you open up a can of worms here. I pretty much agree with you, although I usually say it with more vitrol. Usually its Tom and Ben vs Me though. Welcome to the team.

Well, I was in the beta test, and though I don’t think I broke the NDA or horribly screwed the developer, I thought the game was mediocre at best. I played late into the beta process. I also was not a great fan of the first one, though I tried it several times since so many people seemed to like it so much (though you never could seem to find more people on than a small die-hard cadre of people who memorized the exploits and won in 3 minutes).

But since so much has apparently changed, and since the developer has been so terribly aggrieved, and it really is an excellent game, I’m going to try to find a release copy, just to see what is there. I assume I won’t be disappointed.

Never played Kohan I,
Kohan II was good.

-Shiroko

I thought Kohan was interesting but poorly executed, and generally overrated. Kohan 2 on the other hand is one of my all-time favorite games. Also, Deus Ex 2 was actually pretty good though not as good as the first one. If you need any more game evaluations just ask!