Supreme Ruler 2020 Gone Gold

Press Release From Paradox yesterday;

New York, USA (May 26, 2008) Globally renowned publisher Paradox Interactive is delighted to announce, that the highly anticipated Supreme Ruler 2020 has gone Gold.

Developers BattleGoat Studios has produced an engaging geopolitical wargame set in a future full of global turmoil. Numerous improvements help surpass the original, to provide a game full of complexity and deeply engaging strategy.

“We’ve created a strategy game with unmatched scope and depth. We set our sights high - play the whole world, all at once, without limits on the numbers of units, facilities, or other elements. Zoom in to examine a single city, or zoom out to see the whole world. Trade, ally or battle with hundreds of real-world countries. It’s all in there”, says George Geczy, Lead Programmer and Co Founder of BattleGoat Studios.

In the year 2020, the world is fracturing along economic and political fault lines. War is commonplace. Borders shift on a daily basis, as rival militaries duel over dwindling resources. Your nation seeks a leader to rise above the chaos. The region needs a warrior, to wield an iron fist and smash aside the forces of anarchy. Our world demands a strong ruler, to restore order and return stability to a terrified population.

Can you become the Supreme Ruler?

Key features in Supreme Ruler 2020:

• Control any department within your government or delegate decisions to your Cabinet Ministers
  • Sophisticated Military Strategic and Tactical Command System
  • Select from hundreds of actual military vehicles to research, build, and deploy
  • Choose conventional warfare or develop your nuclear weapons program
  • Detailed Economic and Political Models
  • Flexible Diplomatic Interface allowing sophisticated negotiations
  • Play any one of over 250 Regions world-wide
  • High Resolution Satellite imagery provided courtesy of NASA
  • Single Player or Multi Player support
  • Varied Game-play options include Regional Battles, Missions and Campaigns
  • Next Generation AI
  • Introducing BattleGoat’s new Super Sandbox Mode for unlimited customization and replayability
    We are currently aiming for a demo to be available by mid-June, just in time for the release date. I’ll add a link when the demo is available.

That’s great news - I’d loved the operating concept of 2010, but didn’t feel like it was strong enough in the diplomacy or policy areas to get me to follow through on purchase.

Looking forward to giving this one a go.

Its out and available on GamersGate !

No idea when it will be available in my country though

More recent discussion in this thread.

Actually the above link is to an older thread.

For those who have picked up the game, update 2 (ver 5.2.1) is now available if you use your “check for updates” link in the start menu program group.

Haha, put that in your pipe and smoke it, UncleSmoothie!

Actually, BattleGoat, the thread I linked to was started at an earlier date, but contains more recent discussion, which is exactly what I said.

Yeah, eat it!!