Surviving Mars - Paradox Strategy

At this rate weekend will start on MONDAY. :|

I am not sure if I ever bought a season pass before. If I bought one now for this game, I wouldn’t get any of the current stuff, right? I have the base game, but none of the DLC since release.

My understanding is it will unlock the dlc that has already been released.

A season pass includes all the DLC that it includes, it doesn’t matter when you buy it. In the case of this game, you’d get all the DLC up through the new one, and whatever else was going to be included in the future.

Basically all a “season pass” is is a DLC collection that you can preorder.

Season pass will give all content up to and including the new expansion and animal dlc.

Any DLC going forward will not be part of the season pass. As they have released all the content requirements of the season pass ( 2 expansions and 2 content packs).

Actually the 3rd content pack of animals was a bonus. ;)

Thanks guys. I didn’t notice the little picture @lordkosc posted on mobile, and it doesn’t actually spell out what it is included in the text. I guess if you want Green Planet, its a no brainer.

I won’t lie, until the video dropped for Green Planet, I didn’t think the developers had a clue as to what they were doing with this game. And most of the season pass content was meh.

Apparently going by a few posts I saw on Reddit the Stirling generators are super OP once the planet is terraformed.

Isn’t the game basically over when the planet is terraformed?

No , I saw there is a capital city thing you then can build.

So 3 hours into my current game and I am just starting to touch the green planet content, seeding mars, its definitely mid to late game stuff. So far I am liking it.

Sadly I chose a poor location to land and didn’t find water on my first 4 free scans , so I am still slow ass zone scanning for water and making due with the moisture vaporators for now. It’s not an ideal start. :*(

The patches between when I played last summer and now seem to have made the game a bit more fun or rather less annoying, and so now I’ll see how it goes with the green planet stuff in the next few days.

@KristiGaines @Knightsaber @robc04

So for $20 I’d say yep get it.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/surviving-mars-first-colony-edition

(still on sale here for 12 more hours)

I picked it up last night, I’ll start it when I get around to it :)

I just picked it up too; haven’t had a chance to try it yet. Looks great, though.

I picked this up last weekend but really only had the opportunity for some tutorial-ing.

One thing I did notice was the camera was a bit sluggish but they’ve got a slider for it and cranking that up helped alot.

I tried the F2P weekend on xBox, and it looked interesting, but I only got through a couple of the tutorials before I ran out of time.

And, as is usual with Paradox, the DLC wasn’t on sale.

I did find out that it supports mods on the xBox however, which really had me intrigued, if I could find the time and decide to pony up $50+ to get the DLC.

After a couple of restarts, I finally have a good game as Paradox Interactive (They are a sponsor, like USA, and SpaceY). The difficulty is pretty high about 450.

I’m up to almost Sol 60, and the terraforming is finally starting to see an effect. The map is noticeably greener and toxic rains are falling. I’m about to crash my first ice asteroid into the planet.

They’ve added some interesting additions in the form of smaller building (e.g. 3 hex factories and space bars). The filtering and AI for moving people works noticeably better. Although it is all too easy to forget that you set the filter to send me engineers and year later find all the engineers in your colony are suddenly in one dome.

For the early to mid game the only major change that the Green Planet, gives you is a lot more interesting Planetary Missions, some of which have very surprising outcomes. You’ll need more fuel refineries and more rockets, because the missions are pretty good so you’ll need to assign a rocket to just doing missions.

I haven’t played for so long it’s basically a brand new game.

When did they add rival colonies? I love that feature. Did I somehow miss this addition, or is my memory failing and they were always part of the game?

The 1st DLC Space Race added competing colonies. They added some more types of expeditions in Green Planet which makes them more important. Somehow in Space Race the other colonies were a very minor part, but in Green Planet they tell you China is getting close to a milestone so adds some tension.

Are there opinions on any egregious gaps in the UI/UX that are properly filled by the Workshop? I glanced at it and noticed some fairly simple stuff like “always showing area of effect for buildings that create dust” and the like.

I’ve not used any mods. In general, I use a minimal number of mods, typical 1-3 per game.

The UX was improved dramatically after the first couple of patches, most of the basic resources have tooltip now that show you at glance if you are gaining or losing resources. There is a master colony screen that gives you lots of reports.

It is pretty easy to figure out what makes dust, extractors, rockets landing etc. and what doesn’t solar panels/

A word of warning on the Green planet mods is very much a mid to late game DLC, it doesn’t fundamental alter the early game so if you didn’t like it or find it challenging it won’t make much of difference.