Swollen foot in France

I still remember when I was shocked by this when I was a little kid.
Now it sounds like a reasonable source of food, and probably a nice way of going away. The problem being all the toxins we’d feed ourselves in a loop.
What happened.

We just need a way to filter out the kuru prions. Until then, it’s gotta be like with cows where we make sure not to eat each other.

Extra credit reading.

Ha! That’s actually the first Stephen King story I ever read way way back. It was in an Alfred Hitchcock series of books that contained short stories. Only it was titled “Lady Fingers” in that anthology.

edit: Hmm. Can’t find a reference to it being titled that way. I guess it’s possible that it was actually titled “Survivor Type” and I’m simply mis-remembering that quote as the title.

I stand at work from 4-6 hours with a few short breaks.

At the end of the shift I can barely stand because my legs and feet hurt, like someone beat them.

Otherwise they are fine.

Will compression socks help? I am overweight.

God yes, they are pretty much made to help support your lower legs.

4 must haves for people on their feet, imho.

I would recommend trying some shoes with rocker bottoms. MBT are expensive, but there are other options out there like Skechers. These were a huge help to me when I was working retail. I had more back pain than leg pain, though, so maybe your issue is different. Compression socks are certainly cheaper, so maybe try that first?

What level of compression do you guys wear? I was told my venous insufficiency wasn’t that bad, but they put me in 20-30 mmHg (20-36 mmHg) in France. That is fairly high compression. If I do a lot of walking the edema stays pretty well controlled. I started elevating my feet while sleeping and that helps start the day in better condition too.

I have no idea, like I said above I use the el-cheapo ones off Amazon. They fit well and seem to be working. :P

Looks like they are 15-20 mmHg of pressure. I started out with that level and got bumped to the next one.