Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy - a Baldur's Gate 1 homage from Russia's ATOM RPG team

I wish I was joking. The team that brought you Russian Fallout AKA ATOM RPG is making a CRPG inspired by Baldur’s Gate 1 specifically. Including right down to the Iron conspiracy. See, hehe, it’s even in the name! (Screenshots show lots of wilderness areas too)

And I’m definitely in.

There’s a demo now via the steam link above. (I don’t do demos)

And they launched a kickstarter…(video that shows aspects of the game)

The dialog trees look promising. While I thought I wrote off kickstarter forever, I think basing a game off Baldur’s Gate 1 is exactly my kind of bold. (and I enjoyed ATOM RPG and it’s sequel, albeit less).

So based on a combination of just really loving Baldur’s Gate 1 (the game that got me into CRPGs), and the strength of ATOM RPG, I pledged…(just couldn’t help it)

It describes it as low fantasy… I find this very dull. There are so many low fantasy or medieval games out there already. So many that I think would have been so much better on a high fantasy setting.

I had to look up those terms.

Funny, I would have described Song of Ice and Fire as low fantasy, but it’s classified as high fantasy here. I guess the terms are very much up to interpretation.