Tabletop RPGs 2021

Some campaign glimpses…

If anyone watched the first Broken Compass episode and would like to catch up on the gang’s continuing adventures (or wants to see how the system works), @ImaTarget is live right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW6sVN_dILg

Thank you so much for sharing it! Right now I believe it’s @Wendelius turn! In French.

https://youtu.be/w0_hKbBHTCA

That was so nerve wracking! I don’t know how you managed to go live twice! Our play suffered from sound issues the first twenty minutes, which Rico thankfully sorted out.

But more on topic for this thread, the Broken Compass system is fantastic. I had only skimmed part of the quick start rules and had no trouble at all jumping right in. The system is rules light and takes a backseat to the heroic story. I love how it only gets better the more outrageous solution the players come up with! We were so scared and yet had a ton of fun playing the pilot.

We want to get back together to continue the story in private. Pretty good for players from France, Italy and UK who didn’t know each other a week ago.

Happy to hear it! Second time was easier. :D Broken Compass bringing people together is so wholesome to me. It’s such a gem. Just many of our American friends are sadly not as enthusiastic. :-/ Glad you had fun and hope your game goes well! With all the alternative settings unlocked one will have enough to play for years.

I don’t know why there are so few Americans (only about 400) pledging. I wish there were a way to get the word out better but my posts on other forums haven’t gotten much traction. I’m looking forward to the KS ending and finally getting my PDFs (as I didn’t pledge to the first KS I only have the Quick Start rules and Black Light now) and eventually all my physical goodies from both KSes!

Well, I’m on board for Broken Compass. It looks great. I’ve always had a soft spot for pulpy RPGs.

Need to dig through the add-ons and stretch goals and figure out what the heck I’m actually getting and what I want in print versus PDF.

Right now I’m in for everything physical but I do have to admit I’m a little wary – I’ve got so much crap in my house and despite eBay-ing for five years now I still don’t have room for a ton of stuff. But man, BC is such a nice physical product!

Glad to hear you guys are on board. I would definitely go for Hero to get everything possible in physical. I did not the first KS and am still grumbling about it. There aren’t any addons beside Luck Tales in print right now. There will be more in backerkit, but only for physical pledges! So you can’t get more Dice or Books etc if you do not have a Hero Pledge already. Keep that in mind. The books are so nice to hold and touch and the Adventure Journal Size fits it so perfectly. Really not only my favourite game but favourite physical book I have had in quiet some time.

Heh there is no chance you might give them a small shout out on Starsworn in your last hours is there…? ;-)

I did give them a shoutout via twitter last week! A bit reluctant to do it via the campaign because honestly I haven’t looked at the actual game at all. Right now I’m at the “pretty pictures and a neat journal-style rulebook” stage, which is enough for me but probably not enough to recommend ;)

Plus the campaign actually seems to be doing pretty good!

Totally fair, thanks for the tweet man. Can’t wait to get my physical goodies for Starsworn!

Eurogamer has a new interview and article about Ironsworn: Starforged:

As I write this, the Starforged KS is five grand away from unlocking the seafaring adventure Sundered Isles, at the $300K threshold!

This just in (via email) : “Ironsworn: Starforged reached its funding goal”. 6,781 backers.

Congrats!!

Congratulations to the hero with the hat! I couldn’t watch tonight’s finale but am planning to catch up tomorrow. I did hear rumbles of a surprise and had to check out the end of the stream. Very touching!

By tomorrow, the campaign will have unlocked the High Noon what if. That should be a lot of fun too.

I do love the idea of a system where you can combine the system with a what if or 2 to tweak the rules and setting. Wild West cosmic horror could be fun too. Though I think Pulp and the Jules Verne settings are the ones I look forward to playing/running the most.

Grats indeed on the hat! Well-earned, it was a pleasure watching you all play! Incidentally, somebody dropped a “Man with the Hat” pledge so if someone wanted that be sure and snag it!

So this has clearly been a hot topic here for a bit.

I re-visited the Kickstarter and saw an image of punching Nazis and it kind of melted my heart.

Compelled me to go all in. They buried the lede. :-)

Um, also the use of the phrase ‘Luck Tales’. This is emotional manipulation!

If you’re pledging at the physical level and want Luck Tales in print don’t forget to add it as an add-on (unless you pledged at “Man with the Hat”, of course, which includes it already). I’m excited too and all-in though I fear it may never hit the table. =/

Thank you, great tip. I don’t think I pledged at the Man in the Hat level but something close. I will double check to make sure I have the Luck Tales component. I think I went with one of the higher physical copy levels.