Tabletop RPGs in 2022

Yeah, I wasn’t imagining things, this was posted in 2014 and it was indeed the publisher:
http://www.destiny-quest.com/news/season-four-cancelled-kind-of/

But it looks like he eventually decided he was up for Kickstarter after all and there was a whole saga on that front, plus a digital “Infinite” gamebook, and for a while he was working on a TTRPG (to tie things back to this thread) which he finally threw in the towel on but that did lead to a book of lore about the setting being published earlier this year.

I’ll probably back that KS or at least buy book 5 when it comes out. DestinyQuest was a great rethink of the classic gamebook format and I was sad when it didn’t pan out for him. The other one I got was Holdfast (backed the KS) but a lot of other modern gamebook stuff hasn’t felt like it’s really had a strong new concept and although I have a lot of nostalgia for the original wave of them I never felt like much other than Lone Wolf and Fabled Lands held up in terms of design, so if your new gamebooks are just Fighting Fantasy again…ehh. And Holdfast never got past the one book.