Tabletop RPGs in 2023

I received the Forbidden Lands boxed set for Christmas. Once again, Free League put out an absolutely gorgeous TTRPG. The set comes with hardback faux leather GM and player’s guides, an optional advanced character creation booklet, a large folded color map of the land itself, and some stickers to use on the map for placing your own points of interest. Everything is printed on sturdy high-quality paper stock. The books are filled with crisp B&W line drawings that evoke the OSR vibe they’re going for here.

BUT - I have a gigantic complaint. The game uses a modified version of the Mutant Year Zero system and it’s recommended to use custom dice that include special D8, D10, and D12 for use with artifacts in the game. AVAILABLE SOLD SEPARATELY. Come on, Free League! What kind of TTRPG boxed set doesn’t include the dice needed to play the game? You don’t have to put the fancy premium dice in there, just toss a cheapo version into the box and sell the nice dice on the side as an upgrade. Free League pisses me off with their dice business strategy.