Take the pledge

Summary of the first debate between Heitcamp and Cramer.
I couldn’t find any video of it yet.

Thanks for the link. I donated.

Beautiful weather today, perfect for some walking and door-knocking for Wexton in the VA-10.

I’ll be bummed if she can’t unseat Comstock.

Walk lists?

Did phone banking last night and scheduled to again on Thursday for Kim Schrier in WA-08. I can’t say I enjoyed it but it didn’t kill me either so that’s something I guess!

Phones are tough. Contact rates have plummeted in the past few years. But highly motivated volunteers doing live calls are great ways to connect with voters. Hope they were civil and glad to hear from you @path12.

And Schrier’s folks must be stoked that you signed up for another shift.

I hope I’m wrong but I think till we can push voters away from embracing narratives in politics, I don’t see a lot shifting in 2018 but I would love to be proven wrong!

Just dropped off my ballot! I had a lot of anxiety about making sure I voted on time. Whew.

I got a text message that said: This is Pres. Trump. Your absentee ballot is pending. Florida Republicans need your vote. Learn more here>>>

I replied Fuck Off and blocked the number. Hey don’t worry, asshole, my ballot is in.

I signed up to hang GOTV door hangers bright and early Tuesday, Nov. 6th. Meeting up at the Dem HQ at 5 am and hanging reminders for folks before they leave for work. Will probably deliver absentee ballots all day as I take Election Day off from work because I’m sick with anticipation/anxiety/wishful thinking.

Ayuh!

This little thread appears to have motivated at least one of you to make a first time donation, and maybe more than one of you to volunteer your time for a candidate. And that is gratifying.

I’m becoming a broken record but I hope that most of you will consider reducing your game and Tube time this weekend because you are too busy working to take out a Trump minion or helping to elect someone you admire and think would make a great public servant.

Home of the brave!

Yesterday I went to a Jess King (democrat running for Congress in the 11th district of PA) volunteer meeting. I bought a yard sign and signed up to canvas on Sunday.

Jess King is a long shot. She acknowledged that when speaking to the group, but she made it clear that her candidacy was only a starting point and that recent polls put her within the margin of error of likely candidates and the goal was to keep on moving forward. She made a big deal about how the Democratic party would finally have an office in our town going forward and that a close race, regardless of the outcome, would lead to the Democrats on the national level no longer ignoring rural areas and competing everywhere.

That was hopefully. I want Jess King to win, but more, I want the Democratic party to be more visible all over America, and battling GOP ideas and fear mongering all over America.

Another quick mention for people who aren’t sure where to get information for their local races, because I always feel nervous about not knowing who the down-ballot candidates are:

• https://www.vote411.org/
    The League of Women Voters puts out ballot information for most areas. They have a personal statement from each candidate, as well as asking a question about extending voting rights, as well as recent hot-button issues. It’s pretty sparse, and requires the candidates to respond, but it usually does a good job showing everything that will be on the ballot.

• https://ballotpedia.org
    Ballotpedia has some more detailed information on individual candidates, but seems to lack some of the local races (county judges, etc) or individual initiatives in my area.

Both good sources to make sure you’re prepared and know what you’re voting for!

VoteSaveAmerica.com is where you can go to get your sample ballot and a pretty impartial explanation of bond issues, tax referenda, local candidates, etc.

You have to put your address in and whatnot, but I found it very useful.

Some of the measure explanatory text at VoteSaveAmerica.com is really entertaining, too. They’ve researched thousands and thousands of different referenda. And apparently got a little punchy at times.

"AMENDMENT 4: Management and Advertisement of Bingo Games Amendment
This amendment would remove the constitutional ban on advertising bingo games.

DEEP DIVE
Missouri, you have a constitutional ban on letting organizations advertise bingo games. We’ll just let that sit there for a second.

Brief history: Bingo was illegal in Missouri until 1980, when voters decided to permit bingo in the state as long as those wild, crazy, bingo organizations only advertised on their premises and made sure the person running the bingo games (AKA DEATH TRAPS) had been part of the organization for 2 years. This one is amazing.

This ballot measure would remove the constitutional ban on advertising bingo games and would lessen the amount of time the bingo master needs to have been part of the organization to 6 months."

The Democracy Labs have created a crowdsourced realtime nationwide map of voting issues. It sort of works like Waze, see a problem and report it and a coalition of voter protection groups will be notified.

Feel free to share this link.
http://bit.ly/seesay2018map

Missouri is weird.