Take the pledge

The call to take the pledge to get politically involved might be advocating one way in the original post, but the thread could be taken as a call to get more involved for Trump supporters as well.

There aren’t too many posters of that political persuasion here at Qt3 (although they are quite a few Conservatives), but out of the bubble of this forum, in real life I’ve only met people who said to me “can you believe they want to hold this guy accountable for something he did 36 years ago? If they did that to most of us, we wouldn’t fare so well”. I had to control myself each time and not reply.

“Oh, you tried to rape someone in high school too? Same here man. High Five!”

I don’t think the sarcasm would be appreciated.

P.S. That doesn’t mean I’m not sympathetic to the scary notion of someone being falsely accused. That one still scares me to the core. But the idea that most of the rest of us would be similarly guilty in high school is what’s silly to me, and yet is very prevalent here.

Tom pinned it a few days ago. I don’t know much about Discourse, so I assumed this meant it was showing up at the top of this thread when I logged in rather than for anyone else. Don’t know his motivation but I’m glad it is pinned for you all as well. Thanks @tomchick.

So post away, but more importantly let this not be your only involvement in the democratic process.

@Neal_Stevens, perhaps you and I don’t share the same politics, but I’m assuming you are an American citizen, and I bet we both love our country. Here is a quote from one of my favorite Republicans. I’ll see you in the arena.

Regards,

George

Anyone can unpin it for themselves, just click the pin.

Kevin Cramer (up against Heidi Heitkamp here in ND) has a new advertisement that I just heard on the radio the other day for the first time, and now I’m hearing it 10 or 20 times a day.

Is it possible for him to run an ad with just the tiniest amount of dignity? Apparently not.

Here’s the TV version of the ad, using the exact same words and voices as the radio version.

Now, I’ve seen and heard plenty of slimy political ads before, but this one actually dropped my jaw when I first heard it. In it, they repeatedly refer to Heidi Heitkamp as “Heidary Clintkamp”, which apparently is meant to go along with the opening statement that Hillary Clinton and Heidi Heitkamp might as well be the same person, which is a stupid statement to begin with.

But coming up with that name?!? Holy shit, it’s like Cramer’s camp has reverted back to the 4th grade. Hell, even 4th graders have more dignity than that. A 4th grader could also have easily come up with something more clever. This is quite possibly the most inane insult I’ve ever heard, at least in the political arena, and if people actually vote for him because they heard that ad, well, I’ve lost all faith in humanity.

I cannot believe that one of Cramer’s people wasn’t smart enough to put a halt to that ad, simply because of its stupidity, not to mention it makes him look like a complete idiot.

A close relative of Cramer’s attended the same elementary school as I did. In 1996, we had a model election wherein I was one of (if not outright) the only people to vote for Earl Pomeroy over Kevin Cramer in the ND House election. That didn’t win me any favors as a kid, but even back then I could tell he was a piece of slime. Some things never change.

Just contributed through

Phil Bredesen (TN-Sen)
Jacky Rosen (NV-Sen)
Joe Donnelly (IN-Sen)
Tony Evers (WI-Gov)
Heidi Heitkamp (ND-Sen)
Claire McCaskill (MO-Sen)
Bill Nelson (FL-Sen)

Great crew @MrGrumpy.

TN is where it is at. I think that I will help Phil out as I’ve got a little bit of cash left over from my “I Ain’t Buying No Laptop when Rome is Freaking Burning Fund.”

We have a hot gubernatorial race in Maine, and Maine’s 2nd CD is a Cook Political toss up district so that is where my sweat equity is going. Knocking doors and delivering absentee ballots are my main activities.

I just gave some money to Heidi Heitkamp’s campaign. She deserves it given her courageous vote against Kavanaugh’s nomination.

The GOP have nothing to lose, really, beside a little shame and embarrassment. But if everyone is suppressed/in prison/dead, who’s going to remember?

She certainly does. The hill just got steeper for Sen. Heitkamp.

That’s why we can’t get distracted with horseshit like what Senator Warren’s heritage is or any of the other bullshit distractions that Trump and his minions keep pushing out.

Let’s make Trump eat the words he said to Leslie Stahl, “It doesn’t matter. We won.”

Work your asses off people, we can do this!

Let’s do this!!

Yeah, Dems need to stop just reacting all the time. Maybe try giving Trump the silent treatment.

It’s late in the cycle, but there’s still time to help.

If you’ve got just a few dollars that you can reasonably part with for a donation, but you want to feel like you did something, a progressive left group called Data For Progress has set up an ActBlue page called GiveSmart.

The premise is pretty ingenious. They’ve identified 8 state legislative candidates around the country who might be “tipping point” candidates for majority control of those statehouses. Data For Progress takes no money from this – everything that gets contributed is divided among those 8 candidates.

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/givesmart?

Here’s the page explaining the program, and the candidates it will support:

And a pretty awesome story about the money already flowing into campaigns who need it to make the closing argument:

Worth stating: if you don’t want the current SCOTUS deciding delicate issues on abortion, healthcare, and gay marriage adverse to the majority of citizens, the end-around on this is progressive state legislatures and governors.

Alright Trigger. I just made my first ever political contribution. This seems like a smart use of money.

Well, with that, I’ve now spent more on this year’s elections than I will on my girlfriend’s Xmas present this year. Merry Santa-day dear, I bought the citizens of Wisconsin freedom!

:)

Thanks for the solid link, @triggercut

Thanks! I feel the shackles of repression slipping from my bound body!

• or at least maybe education will get funded again.

So great. I wondered if starting this thread would do any good.

Great link @triggercut. $80 buck well spent. I forwarded this link to my friends.

You mentioned in another thread about how in VA earlier in the year some candidates who were killing it on social media fundraising pulled in hordes of cash, while others less talented at online fundraising were overlooked, leaving some state assembly seats on the table for Dems. This site can help spread the wealth in an intelligent way.

Another strategic way to support candidates for governor and state legislature through an environmental and climate change lens is Give Green. It is a joint effort between three of the environmental movement’s largest and most influential organizations: League of Conservation Voters, NextGen America, and NRDC Action Fund PAC.