Tales of the Shire - Hobbits, Weta Workshop, Private Division

Speaking on the company’s collaboration with Take-Two in a 2022 news release, Wētā head Amie Wolken said “It’s a privilege to create a new game set in Middle-earth, especially one that’s so different from what fans have played previously. As fans ourselves, we’re excited for gamers to explore Middle-earth in a way they never have before, and introduce new fans to the magic of The Lord of the Rings.”

That’s all we know for now.

I am guessing based on zero info that this is going to be Stardew Valley with Hobbits, which seems like a pretty decent pitch to me.

Yea Stardew Valley with hobbits with shiny graphics? Nice.

So long as there is a Saruman option that lets me industrialize the hell out of Hobbiton

Saruman…do you mean Sharkey?

I would also be curious about Animal Crossing but Hobbits. A little part of my soul will die, but also I might want to play that.

I’m surprised there’s not already a game out there that’s LotR + free-to-play bullshit mechanics.

Set in Bywater. Not Hobbiton.

Hmmm, a little underwhelming.

It had me at the skipping. If that’s not an actual option when playing, I’ll be so sad.

I love me a cozy little farming game. Bring it on, I’m here for it. I think it looks adorable.

I look forward to play this with my kid.

I think I’ll wait for the Scouring of the Shire DLC.