Tariff like it's 1897, Trump's Great Economy, Maybe the Best Ever

The obvious solution is to buy a washing machine for every coal mine, wash all the coal, and then it’s clean energy!

Yeah, that really does put a whole new spin on clean coal. I like it.

Plus, it’s an opportunity to get people to eat coal along with their Tide pods as we roll out the initial steps of @Timex’s Deadly Traps plan.

But what powers the washing machine while cleaning the coal?

Child labor. We ain’t lettin’ those stolen kids live in their tents rent free.

Canada has put a 10% tariff on ketchup (or catsup, if you prefer) as part of the Trump trade tantrum response. The EU is considering something similar. Presumably they chose this particular product since it’s “American”. But is it?

Lots of history that I had no idea about in there. Also, it appears the EU actually exports more ketchup than the US does. I’d definitely have gotten that wrong on trivia night.

I’m going to start my neighbor’s house on fire and then show up with a fire extinguisher.

Statistically, he’s a Trump supporter and will consider me a hero.

Welfare for every industry. It’s the only way to be sure.

Yeah, that sure is hard to believe. I mean, you know, we didn’t have one over stealing kids from their parents, and we didn’t have one over trusting Putin over our own Intelligence services, but not having one over some dumb economic policy? Inconceivable!

It’ll be even better next week when he votes in favor of everything Trump asks him to.

Ohh, that’s way more than “my brow is somewhat furrowed”.

Actually, this is the Republicans we’re talking about so that makes perfect sense. If you want to throw kids in cages or colude with our enemies or undermine the free press or shit on The Constitution, that’s al well and fine but are you costing them money? That will not stand. There are lines sir.

Farm welfare queens.

More concerned Senators acting even more concerned. Guys simply revoked the Presidents power to impose tariffs problem solved.

But this paragraph had me really confused. Can the president just unilaterally start an aid program without Congressional approval? How?

But while Congress’ free traders are miffed, Trump’s move could help with the people who made him president. Republicans are unlikely to do anything to block the aid payments, and Trump doesn’t need Congress to go along with the payments.

The following article doesn’t say so, but I read somewhere else that the law allows him to do so without Congress.

Weekly Standard:

Frustrations will be running higher than normal: The Department of Agriculture announced Tuesday that it would make use of a Depression-era law which allows for the government to borrow up to $30 billion from the U.S. Treasury in order to prop up American farmers and to stabilize the industry amid a slew of retaliatory tariffs on American goods resulting from President Trump’s global tariffs on steel and aluminum imports.

Thanks, the problem with laws passed during real national emergency is they never go away.

Both the tariffs and the emergency aid are under the legal rational of national security. As if countries like Canada are a national security threat if we buy too much cheese from them.

One simple thing Congress could do immediately is amend the security tariffs to exclude our strong allies like Canada, for a start.

The cost of steel in the US has risen INEXPLICABLY!

Summertiiiiiiime and trade warring’s easy.