Task Force Admiral - a WW2 PTO carrier battles simulator

As long as they don’t go all Star Citizen with the small things!

OMG yes! I was searching for a qualifying “but” statement to add in there, but I couldn’t get my brain to 5ink of it, even though I new there was an albatross in the bedroom. Haha.

I am afraid we’re going to have to wet… I mean, wait for us to transition to UE5 (or 6!) in the far future before we get to that level of details ^^
But when we do we’ll do it right. Until then we’ll just make sure to have a feature-full, bug-free, basic nerd experience :P

The extra mid-week little dev snippet!

The kaboom scene above was improved now that we have added the extra sounds - the engines of course, but the whistling of the bombs too!

Yesterday, we also posted a few shots after tweaking the in-game Fovy (Field of view y-axis) & well, it sure delivers. Put simply, play around that setting and every shot becomes a keeper. What a few degrees of different bring to the sexiness of it all is outrageous.
Like everything else, camera-wise, it is entirely toggable on the fly using / and * on your numpad so that you can take your shot in-game (and in the replay mode, when there will be a replay mode). Hope the lines of these graceful ladies will please your expectations ^^
Cheers and have a great Sunday all of you!

Very slick. Nice work so far!

Holy cow I love those sound effects!

A few extra posts now ahead of the monthly update, including some written stuff, for a change :)

Featuring the padlock system, among other things.

Also, happy new year to the Lunar crowd ;)

Holy moly, that’s a lot of cool stuff! The documentation sure is a shout-out to the old days of meaty manuals and what-not.

Looking at those carrier take offs makes me marvel at what it took to be a naval aviator back then. I mean, it ain’t easy today, but back before GPS or satellites, that vast expanse of ocean must have been terrifying in some way, thinking about flying out to hit a coordinate that might or might not coincide with an enemy fleet, navigating by what we would today call primitive means, and then having to get back to where the carrier was after all that time…damn.

Hehe thanks Wombat
Added an extra tweet there - the actual fun part about the cover & all. Let’s hope it connects with the audience down the line when time for an actual KS or whatever will be there.

And yes, finding one’s way home was easier said than done - attrition in 1942 in that respect was merciless, and has been rarely touched before in games. I hope we’ll get that one right, or at least credible.

Cheers!

Looking forward to this. Seeing the updates, it made me think of Norm Koger’s attempts at 3d naval combat, which in the end probably needed a team to fully realize the potential, and thinking it would be cool to see you guys tackle some WWI or RJW fighting in a game at some point.

Wow, that is a lot of stuff!

Thanks guys,

a few more updates while a cold unfortunately prevents me from delivering the dev update for January on time. These should provide some relief as far as waiting for my usual ludicrous piece of chatter is concerned.

Cheers ^^

Apologies, taking my sweet time to write the January dev update, so in the meantime you get a few extra heels as a token of guilt. Cheers ;)

It’s live! Our dev update for Task Force Admiral is now (belatedly) online on Steam. This one took its sweet time, but it was worth the wait. 2023 begins with a few hot videos. Thank you for your shares & your likes, it would mean a lot! ❤️
Cheers & have a great Sunday all of you!

Hello there gentlemen,

Some new content, nothing too drastic. An update about our damage model

A few unsung heroes

Another batch of silent heroes

And last but not least, a big mamma delivered in a MP4 file for you to make a nice animated wallpaper for your Windows desktop

As for how to find a proper, clean, free & no nonsense open source animated wallpaper & screensaver software and use it with it, there you go:

• Download the latest release of the free, open-source software Lively Wallpaper (available from the Windows store or GitHub, no difference, except the GitHub version is usually newer it seems)
    Lively Wallpaper by rocksdanister
  • Install it
  • Grab & drop the Yamato video in there
  • Customize (multiscreen, sound/muted, re-sizing, etc…)
  • And there you go, enjoy!

If it kinda proves popular, we will probably provide more of these in the future, they will happily complement our static wallpapers after all.

There there. Enjoy your Sunday, all of you ^^

Absolutely spectacular …

Subs? I’m in.

Hehe thanks guys.
We’re getting all geared up for our usual monthly update early next week - until then, a few other goodies - or more like, teasers of things to come.

Our latest dev update is live! Happy reading to you all ^^
Cheers ~

Stunning. I can’t wait.