Technomancer (april '19)

Was thinking of giving this a shot as it’s one of the Games with Gold this week on xBox, but couldn’t find a thread, just mentions in other threads.

Anyone else in the same boat, or have feedback?

I’ve thought about it a dozen times, especially when it was on Game Pass last year. But I just haven’t started it. Someone’s gotta bite the bullet and just do it.

I own it since last year, was it in a bundle?

Steam says I’ve played it 0.5 hours. I’m not saying Steam’s a liar, but if that’s true, I can’t remember a thing about it.

-Tom

There’s nothing interesting about the first half hour. That’s all I’ve played so far.

and yeah, bundlestars had it in one of theirs.

Did you guys play Mars War Logs? Reviews say it’s basically more of the same, but better.

I completed it. It actually has a number of strengths but it sends you back and forth through the same corridors/map with respawning enemies way too often, which makes an 8/10 small game into a 6/10 medium size game.

I did, it was… not great, but I finished it. Ugh I am getting horrible combat flashbacks! :D

Technomancing? So, like, online dating?

I enjoyed it but got sidetracked just before the end so I never actually finished it. It’s a lot like Mars: War Logs which I really enjoyed.

If you have high tolerance for eurojank then it’s certainly worth playing.

I liked Mars: War Logs. Totally meant to play Technomancer but never did. I guess I got distracted by shinies (and reviews and Bound by Flame didn’t help).

I still mean to play it one day. I just don’t know when. Or if.

What Bateau said, almost my exact experience. I got my attention off it about 80% into completion and then just couldn’t be arsed to go back to it later. shrug

I also agree its about a 7/10 for what amounts to basically an indie game.

I’ve been meaning to get to Technomancer at some point since I like a little Eurojank in my coffee.

Was Bound by Flame worth playing too? I vaguely remember watching a Total Biscuit video a while back and thought it looked interesting and perhaps difficult(?).

It’s wasn’t without merit but it was a bit unfinished.

The art is nice, but the music in that trailer is really boring.

Is this a party-based RPG, or do you control only one character? The video showed no gameplay.

You control only one character. You bring sidekicks along, but they’re AI controlled.

The Technomancer is…a Spiders game. It has ideas, it’s very enthusastic, but it doesn’t execute very well. Between Mars: War Logs, Bound by Flame, and this, it’s definitely the best of their sub-Bioware attempts at an action rpg though, and some of the ideas and creature designs are very cool.

Hoping to get lucky this weekend, if it doesn’t cut into my Anthem gaming time (or doing taxes, groan).

I tried playing this and just as I was settling in, I ran into a boss fight brick wall. I just gave up at that point.

Interview with the developer:

Jehanne: We’re 35 in our team, with 40 at the moment working on the game. We are developing this because we love the type of game. There aren’t that many studios doing this type of games today. I mean, even BioWare have stopped doing it and I’m very sad because it’s what I like to play the most.

Linked it to the other thread.