Teenage Bounty Hunters - Buffy sisters but vs fugitives

I will admit, I went into this fully expecting to hate it. Now my wife and I are binging it (our version of binging, which is 2 episodes per night). We both just love Bowser as a character, and the girls are a lot more fun than I expected. The over-the-top religious nonsense I find funny since I grew up in that environment. About the only part we don’t like is mean girl, but expect her to come to a bad end, so it should be okay.

That for sure doesn’t go the way you’d expect!

I’m on vacation this week so I can properly binge watch things. And yeah, I tore through this like Kool-Aid Man through a wall. So, so good.

I honestly can’t think of anything I’d change about it, and I certainly hope we get more.

There’s clearly the potential plot left hanging that April’s dad has both connections and will want revenge. And I must see more Bowser / Terrence love hate bromance. And more cinnamon buns. And more Mrs. Cathy. Aye aye, Cap’n!

Thank you, I hated the opening 5 minutes and stopped. After your post I went back. It gets better halfway through episode 3. I don’t know if I got acclimated to the kids stuff or they toned it down.

Just finished the season finale – definitely exceeded expectations. I’m ready for Season 2 so get with the announcement, Netflix!

I think they thing best about this show is that the writing REALLY feels like actual high school girls would talk. It really feels authentic to me (like I would know, a 60-year-old male lol).

I appreciate Bowser’s character and his eyerolls.

Finished this last night. That final episode was completely over the top, and I’m not sure in a good way. We had soooo enjoyed it up to that point, but it went total soap-opera in the end, and I just can’t see where it can go without being completely ridiculous now. But it was fun while it lasted.

Bowser, and his interactions with pretty much everyone (but especially Terrance), made the show for me.

Just finished this. I had been thinking of passing due to not being impressed with the trailer, but the warm reception it got here made me give it a try, and I’m glad I did. Very enjoyable. Hope it gets another season.

Cancelled after one season alongside GLOW. Sorry we won’t get more of this. I thought it was excellent and was looking forward to seeing where they went.

Fuuuuuuck.

WTF, I’ve heard only good things about it too. I’ve been catching up on other shows first before getting around to this, but I figured I’d watch it some day.

So I picked up on the recommendation for this show, and I’ve been watching it for the last few days.

I was pretty excited about the premise at first. But I don’t know, they never quite got things above a certain decent level. The teenage drama part was good, but never elevated beyond just good. The bounty hunting part was funny, but never really interesting beyond a comedic excuse. And the show kind of stayed that way until episode 7, when it became better. And then Episode 8 finally brings things to that whole new level that I wanted all along. The music choices were inspired, each scene in the 58 minute episode from the bounty hunting to the teenage drama was just really great. It finally broke through and became a great show.

This also happened in Jessica Jones S1, kind of. I never really enjoyed the show to a great degree until an episode late in the season, but I don’t recommend that show to people because I feel like people’s time is worth more than having to sit through mediocrity to get to the good parts.

For Teenage Bounty Hunters I’m going to change my tune a bit, maybe because I’m on a high from just watching Episode 8, and say that it’s worth it. But I reserve the right to change my mind later. I’m not sure if I want to watch Episodes 9 and 10, honestly. Maybe it’s best to go out on a high.

Nooooo, that stinks. It deserved at least one more season to round things out.

I finished the show. It’s a great show. I’d recommend to people even without a Season 2. Good stuff. Just expect a slow burn. The first 6 episodes aren’t as good as the last four, but it’s worth it.

My girlfriend and I just finished this show. We loved it but are crushed there’s not going to be more. It’s not a total cliffhanger, but there’s a lot of stuff that does not really get a final resolution and it seems pretty clear that the cancellation was a surprise.

I am only episode and a half in, but damn this is fun. The leads are so likeable. And Bowser reminds me of Mike Pondsmith. Really wish this had more seasons.

“Ever since then, she’s been on the lam.”

“Lamb?”

“LAMB OF GOD”

Ok, damn, what a bummer that this show was canceled. Really enjoyed it all the way through and would love to see the story continue. Damn you netflix. First Santa Clarita Diet, now this.

Glad I watched it, even with the unresolved storylines.

Completely agree. Show was a lot of fun and it needed more seasons.