Tehran (Apple TV+)

Anybody else watching Tehran on Apple TV+? I’m 3 episodes into it and it’s quite good - tense and exciting! If you have the free year of ATV+ or subscribe, it’s worth checking out.

I haven’t watched any, but have downloaded the series to date, so good to hear. I’m a sucker for this sort of story anyway.

Did you watch the rest of this?

I did & thought it was very good overall. It was also good to have different nationalities than usual & have them speaking the languages and seeing a bit of the culture (taking all that as accurate at face value).

In fact I’ve been watching nothing else but Apple TV+ lately while I still have the free subscription and it’s been really good. Loved See & For All Mankind, enjoying Servant & 6 episodes into Defending Jacob which is pretty enthralling as well.

The holidays disrupted my watching but my wife and I were just discussing last night that we’re going to restart this week! I look forward to it.

Did you ever watch Sacred Games on Netflix?

No I did not. Looks interesting, thanks.

It’s based off of a great English-language novel, so if you’re into reading, you might want to check it out.

Yes I saw that; thanks again!

Definitely. I read that many of the Iranian characters are native Persian speakers. Athens was the Iranian filming location.

Oh really? A long long time since I visited there.

I’ve just finished season 1, and mostly enjoyed it. They put in an awful lot of twists near the end, I thought, could have done without quite so much upsetting of the cart. And the “end” felt more like the middle of a season, not the end of one. Still, a well-executed show of its type, and since I see season 2 is already airing the lack of resolution isn’t an issue. I’ll probably watch the second season next time I come around to ATV+ in the streaming service cycle.

Oh wait there is a season 2 now? Will resubscribe sometime soon then.