Tell us what's happened to you recently (that's interesting)

Often your bank will require proof of a police report in order to refund the fraudulent withdrawals. You should definitely file a report. If you call your local station, they’ll be able to tell you where to file.

I suspect that some kid probably found the .22 round in his basement or something, thought it was cool, and had it in his pocket at the playground, then it fell out.

Yeah, that’s pretty much the answer I got from the dude I know. He said it might be important if there was an incident, but it’s probably fine just to toss it.

-xtien

So the park where I found the bullet…I returned there today to play soccer with my son. It’s got tons of space, and even if it is sketchy, he loves going there. It’s summer, so he’s bouncing off the walls and I had to get him out of doors to burn off some energy.

One of the things we love about this park is the trees around the play structure. Well…it appears our local parks dept. hasn’t been paying attention to proper trimming, because when we got there today, this:

Enormous tree just split. It was a Y shaped tree, and one of the sides of the Y just got too heavy and said, “See ya!” to the other part of the Y. They cordoned it off with caution tape.

Keep in mind, I was just there on Monday. And this happened sometime between then and now (it’s Thursday).

Just a weird thing. Here’s another view, FWIW:

We are about a month from heavy wind season. When the Santa Ana winds start to really get blowing. There’s been no wind lately. It’s just been hot. Hot. Hot. So this thing just…broke.

-xtien

Locked myself out of my condo today. Did the same thing I’ve done dozens, maybe hundreds, of times…went out for a run with keys in my phone-armband thingie, ended up at the gym where I used a swipe card on the keyring to get in. Picked up my stuff after finishing up in the gym, put the keys back in the armband, walked home. Arrived at my door, took off the armband, and…no keys.

Looked around everywhere, retraced my steps all the way to the gym, looked around there…nothing. With luck, someone at the gym will find them under a mat or something in the next few days. If I’m not that lucky, they’re buried in the grass on the side of the road somewhere along my walk home and I’ll never find them.

Fortunately, our condo complex maintenance guy was at the clubhouse, and he was able to help me get in my condo. So at least I didn’t have to get a locksmith out to pick my lock or whatever.

Yikes. I [whisper] don’t lock my door when I go running [/whisper] precisely to avoid this situation.

See, there’s your problem there.

I don’t ever “go out for a run” so I can never lose my keys! Problem solved!

My wife was out with our daughter yesterday. They went to a craft store to buy a few things for a friend’s wedding. As they were checking out, the cashier commented on how cute our baby is. Normal stuff, nothing out of the ordinary. Our baby’s fucking adorable (proof below), so nothing we’re not used to.

Warning: cute baby, I'll fight you if you don't agree

My wife left and put her purchases in the back of the car. As she was closing the door, the cashier ran out from the store and handed my wife a Post-it note. The cashier said, “Your baby is just so precious, and I hate the idea of anything terrible happening to her. Please check out this website for some good information.” My wife was confused for a moment, but before she could say anything, the cashier went back into the store.

When she told me this story, she paused briefly before the reveal. “What do you think was on the note?” she asked me. Feel free to play this game yourself – my guess was the cashier’s essential oils pyramid scheme.

Nope – it was a link to a fuckin’ anti-vaccination documentary. Fuck Idaho sometimes.

Fuck. “So precious”.

Edit: and no need to fight me; she’s a cutey.

How’s it going, @Fortitudo? Hope things are as peaceful as possible with the split. It’s so hard to go through, doubly tough with kids.

She’s adorable. And apparently approves of having her picture taken, giving the photog a thumbs up to proceed.

You hereby get a Nixon “Thumbs Up!” for having a certifiably button-cute daughter. Who is aware of the Thumbs Up in a photo op.

Just got a nice job offer to go work for the big red retailer that basically runs this town. Modern tech stack ahoy! Plus I won’t have to commute out to bougie suburb hell and can get back on the bus with my headphones and my lack of commute stress.

I’m pretty stoked. New career is best career.

Congrats!

Best of luck. I hear Circuit City has a bright future! ;)

They need to send me the damn official offer sheet because apparently my paranoia knows no bounds.

I am a Minnesota sports fan, after all…

That’s great news, Adam.

Way to go! I worked there from 2010 until a year ago. I wouldn’t necessarily talk anyone out of working there. PM me if you want to talk about their unique flavor of corporate culture. I still have a number of friends there, though I don’t know if they would be in your “pyramid”.

Congrats!

Congratulations! My brother’s been a Target guy for over a decade, always spoke well of their corporate culture.

I’m OK, ups and downs, standard complications and some extra twists. I know I’ll make it out the other end just fine, for the sake of our kids I hope she will too.

edit: thanks for asking