Tennessee county wants to charge gays with crimes

Contradiction? Philo? Never! He always makes perfect sense. Never contradicts himself or lies out his ass. Honestly Jason. How could you suspect this fine upstanding man of such inconsistency? I’m ashamed of you.

Please don’t cry, baby. You’ve embarrassed yourself enough by posting your this is my life sob story, “nobody loves me!” on a gaming forum - take that sobbing to your shrink, or to the community wellness forum. Just stop.

Grow the fuck up and realize that no matter how important something is to you, other people may be indifferent towards it, or feel that you’re being selfish by not equally respecting the views of others. That ceaseless crying and protesting is annoying, and annoying poeple may not be the best way to get people to appreciate your concerns.

This from the guy who posted a while back about his difficult life as a gay christian?

Well, I guess some may good may come of the South’s vigilante version of justice. People like you will be the first to be strung up by their testicles and left hanging from the nearest lamp post.

Never. Find the post.

Well, I guess some may good may come of the South’s vigilante version of justice. People like you will be the first to be strung up by their testicles and left hanging from the nearest lamp post.

Were you salivating when you made your colorful post? So much excitement! You might have to take a nap now.

Just happy that an evil system can be a force for good sometimes.

I don’t see anyone being indifferent about it, judging from amount of posts.

Never. Find the post.[/quote]

http://www.quartertothree.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=197592#197592

I don’t think this is a right/left issue: it’s a faith issue. If you live your life according to tenets of Christian, and other religious faiths, you can’t help but recognize that the relationship between a man and woman is different than any other human relationship. It’s also a biological fact, of course.

I’m gay, and compared to the rest of this board right-wing, but I’m not offended in the least by the relationship between a man/woman being given special recognition, because my Christian faith necessarily supports that position. The “benefits” of marriage, if there are any like dental plans, should be extended to civil same sex unions too, but if you want to fight same sex discrimination, strike down the state sodomy laws. They’re not enforced regularly, but the idea that I’m committing a crime by hooking up with a boyfriend is outrageous and offensive to anyone that respects human values. The marriage issue is a red herring political issue, and the politicians who deliberately broke the law should be fired immediately.

Doug and I were joking the other day that we shouldn’t make fun of you; a gay christian who thinks god has declared him a second-class citizen is tormenting himself plenty.

Wow. Caught red-handed in another lie, eh Philomath? Lemme guess… he took it out of context? The stars weren’t aligned properly? That wasn’t you, that was a doppleganger?

Or will you just change the subject and pretend like you’ve never been disproven? I was going to say “This is gonna be good”, until I realized that it won’t be. It’ll be just another pathetic attempt by a Gay Southern Conservative Christian to hold together the disparate threads of his identity.

You know, Philo’s arguments do make sense if you would stop jerking your knees and actually, you know, read them.

He’s not concerned about gay marriage because sodomy laws are a bigger threat to his lifestyle. That’s a hell of a shocking stance, getting rid of discrimantory laws before trying to create new rights. But hey, let’s berate the gay guy who doesn’t kneel to his gay political overlords. Geez.

Never. Find the post.[/quote]

I don’t think this is a right/left issue: it’s a faith issue. If you live your life according to tenets of Christian, and other religious faiths, you can’t help but recognize that the relationship between a man and woman is different than any other human relationship. It’s also a biological fact, of course.

I’m gay, and compared to the rest of this board right-wing, but I’m not offended in the least by the relationship between a man/woman being given special recognition, because my Christian faith necessarily supports that position. The “benefits” of marriage, if there are any like dental plans, should be extended to civil same sex unions too, but if you want to fight same sex discrimination, strike down the state sodomy laws. They’re not enforced regularly, but the idea that I’m committing a crime by hooking up with a boyfriend is outrageous and offensive to anyone that respects human values. The marriage issue is a red herring political issue, and the politicians who deliberately broke the law should be fired immediately.
[/quote]

Um…Jason…this post isn’t a “oh my gay Christian lifestyle is so difficult” whine. It’s a “Hey, I’m a gay Christian, and I can see where the anti-gay marriage advocates are coming from” post. It’s a “I’m gay, and sodomy laws are bigger threat to my lifestyle than not being able to marry” post. It’s a “gay marriage is taking attention from real issues” post. About the last thing it is is a “feel my pain” post. No, Ana, it may not be taken out of context, but Jason’s certainly misrepresenting it.

P&R has become such an insult-filled cult of personality circle jerk, I’m glad I’ve stopped reading it for the most part.

Jason didn’t imply it was a “feel my pain” post. All Jason said was that he had posted about his difficult life as a gay Christian, and Philo vehemently denied it. The fact that the post wasn’t centered on such a revelation, and the fact that he used such a revelation as a springboard to other issues, don’t matter. Jason, made a perfectly true assertion, Philo denied it, and Jason provided the relevant quote.

Philo’s argument may also make sense. But that’s not the point. The point is what topics Philo covered in order to make the point… and one was the difficulty of being a Gay man. I have to admit, the “Christian” part of his identity didn’t really make it into the post, but the rest of Jason’s assertion was true. And Philo’s response pretty clearly denies the entire assertion, not just the Christian part.

The degeneration of this thread has a lot more to do with the past threads we’ve had on this topic than the posts in this one.
And no, it doesn’t make sense, there are no enforcable sodomy laws in the US anymore (as far as I know).
What gets me is Philo’s trying to marginalize our opinions or cast them aside as irrelevant, which is extremely insulting.
It goes like this, or so it feels:
Ph: “You should focus on more important stuff, like sodomy laws”
Us: “We already won that, we’re going some steps further”
Ph: “Why do you care?”
Then we ignore that and try to debate the issues, since we think it’s rather obvious.

Jason didn’t imply it was a “feel my pain” post.[/quote]

From where I stand, that’s exactly what Jason implied. The point of his one-liner was that Philomath was a hypocrite for telling others to stop whining about their hardships because Philomath had recently adopted a whining tone himself.

Philomath is not denying that he is gay or Christian, but that he ever whined about his ‘difficult life’. The relative position of words in a sentence does affect its meaning.

Is that a joke? Are you really so dense that you can’t tell the difference between someone identifying themselves, to give context to a perspective, AND SOMEONE WHO WRITES A 1200 WORD ESSAY ABOUT THEIR LOVE LIFE on a gaming board? For the last time, I never posted about how “difficult” my life has been, because that’s not even something I believe.

You’re a delusional little clown who keeps getting slapped down and popping back up again to peep “I win! I win. Proved you wrong!” when all you ever “prove” is your immaturity and inability to recognize when you’ve been tarred and feathered.

Wow another thread devolves into “let’s be a jerk to Philomath”

At least SK attempts to counterbalance your stupidity. He needs about 6 tons more weight though.

Not only does Philomath not say “my life as a gay Christian is difficult,” he doesn’t even imply it. Now I realize the internet is a terrible place for subtlety, but I read “This from the guy who posted a while back about his difficult life as a gay christian?” as a subtle accusation that Philomath whined in a “feel my pain” manner.

But even if you take everything at face value, Jason’s still wrong. Read the post Jason quoted, nowhere in it does Philomath say that his life is difficult.

The first paragraph says that gay marriage is a faith issue, and that Christian tenents and biology make the man/woman relationship special. The second paragraph notes Philomath’s political and sexual preferences, gives his opinion on gay marriage, says that civil unions should be extended the legal benefits of marriage, asserts that bigoted laws still on the books are a bigger threat than not having a marriage right, and says that the marriage issue is detracting from real issues. Where in that does he say his life is difficult?

Oh, it looks snappy. And it sure was a zinger for Jason to reply to Philomath’s denial with a lengthy quote from Philomath that appeared to refute Philomath’s denial…but it’s wrong. Maybe there is a post out there where Philomath really does whine about his difficult life as a gay Christian, but the post Jason quoted ain’t it.

Well, maybe the bag of Doritos I inhaled today will help… :lol:

Jason didn’t imply it was a “feel my pain” post.[/quote]

From where I stand, that’s exactly what Jason implied. The point of his one-liner was that Philomath was a hypocrite for telling others to stop whining about their hardships because Philomath had recently adopted a whining tone himself.

Philomath is not denying that he is gay or Christian, but that he ever whined about his ‘difficult life’. The relative position of words in a sentence does affect its meaning.[/quote]

Actually, I was kind of focusing on the “talking more about your personal life” than the whining bit.

Not only does Philomath not say “my life as a gay Christian is difficult,” he doesn’t even imply it.

Call me crazy, but it’s kind of a logical implication of “I’m a christian who thinks the union between a man and a woman is uniquely special - oh, and I’m gay” is that there’s some serious conflicts going on there.

Then there’s Philo talking about how those he knows in the gay community are concerned with prosecution for having sex in public parks, yadda yadda yadda.

My point was that there’s nothing wrong with talking about your personal life on an internet message board; he was just pulling out “U R LOSER! U USE TEH INTERNET TO TALK ABOUT IMPORATNT THINGS!!!” card. He did it himself, though obviously not as in depth.

Sorry, I seem to recall him constantly bitching about how he’s being abused every time a straight person supports gay marriage, because they’re using him for political gain.

That, and that “I have it so rough because sex in public parks is illegal” thing. Yeah.

As usual, you clowns just start making shit up and then comment on your fantasies. I said that I’m cynical about the motivations of protesters: in your crazy neverland, that means I’m crying about “being abused”? You guys are too much.

Call me crazy, a logical implication of “I’m a christian who thinks the union between a man and a woman is uniquely special - oh, and I’m gay” is that there’s some serious conflicts going on there.

Yes, you’re crazy. Does anyone, Christian or otherwise, think there isn’t something special about that union, when we’re all a product of it?

My point was that there’s nothing wrong

If you think there’s nothing wrong with posting 1200 word love poems on a gaming message board, well, we disgree, since that’s some cringe-inducing crap.

You stated that I said something which I clearly did not, and I didn’t even imply it because it’s not something I believe in the slightest bit, and yet now you squirm around and try to change what you said, or what you meant, or bring in completely unrelated points to shift attention. You’re not even attempting to be honest here.