Terminator: Resistance - FPS, particles, lens flares

A good review of the DLC that accepts the game for what it is, rather than putting it down for what it isn’t:

Game is on sale on Steam and Xbox for $16 today. Tempting.

Get it, well worth it.

Effing FINALLY going under 20 bucks, sheesh. Almost makes me think it’s going to be a Humble Monthly title soon.

Heh, sale ends the day before the Humble Choice for next month, so, buy it, if it’s in the bundle, still in time for a return?

Just bought the Annihilation Line DLC on steam for measly 9 euros. Looking forward to it, although I will rewatch T1 and T2 first before I do a replay and first play of the DLC.

Bought the game and DLC during the sale. So far lots of fun. I really like the wide corridor open area combination with some exploration and crafting. Add some base building and it would be perfect for me. As it is it’s stil great fun.

It’s a cool game overall. Not too ambitious, but it reaches far enough to be satisfying.

I picked up the main game a few days ago during this Steam sale and am having a good time with it. The first impression isn’t super great, and the one-on-one dialogues remind one of the camera pulling in way too close in Oblivion and Fallout 3, but once its systems open up it’s the best Terminator experience since the first two films + maybe The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I do wish the levels/maps were more open, with more room for vertical exploration, but it’s clearly a title made on a budget.

This is pretty cool - the game is getting a Series X upgrade, which will include some additional DLC. And if you already played the standard Xbox edition (like me) it’s a free upgrade!

Great! Hopefully they release a GOTY PC version too and it gets cheap. I always meant to play this game, never got around to it. Took forever to reach $15 and by that time I was on other things.

Complete edition for Xbox is coming on Oct 27th.

The great 2023 backlog will take me a few years to finish, so this will be a good one for my bargain bin watch in 2026.

So there doesn’t seem to be anything about this on the forum. Did no-one try the RTS?

It is based on the idiotic Dark Fate part of IP where you don’t even fight against Skynet anymore. Why would anyone care.

I wouldn’t knock it, it looks surprisingly deep for an RTS. You can move units in and out of vehicles and buildings, they can traverse different floors, units gain experience and carry over to other missions. I’ve watched some lets plays for it, and got me to add it to the wishlist. Definately not a low-effort movie tie-in.

Not sure why they chose the Dark Fate world, or how faithfully it follows that IP, but I remember seeing one video where the red and blue plasma weapons were being used, whereas all the future war weaponry depicted in the movie was ballistic. I suppose that could’ve been a mod, though.

I don’t even know what Dark Fate means. I just want a game that isn’t a stupid open world :)