Test Drive: Eve of Destruction

That’s awesome Schmidt, too bad we can’t pass those around online. How long did it take?

Not too long. “The Vault Dweller”, my Fallout themed Gladiator, is taking a bit longer. I’ll throw some pics up when I finish the trunk. I also did a fairly basic but effective tiger-striped theme on another car, I love this kind of stuff. I spent hours on the paint jobs in Top Gear Racing on the N64.

Four people who had never played EVE before spent three hours playing it tonight at my house. They pretty much only played Battle, too. After every game, someone would cry, “More! More!”

Nice job on the painting, Wholly!

I picked it up today after someone popped it in my XBox at a LAN party this weekend.

Figure-8 Jump races > *

Picked up the PS2 version today (as Kryten mentioned the XBox version isn’t available here in NZ yet). What a hoot! Love the flag pole races, figure 8 jumps… hilarious!

This is what Flatout should have been!

I’ve just realised that Flatout doesn’t get released in North America until June - it will be interesting to hear everyone’s opinions of it versus EOD (one reason for the large delay is that the NA version of FO will have Xbox Live support for 8 player destruction derby “races”).

I guess I have to buy this game now.

About frigging time. Get a friend or two over, and you’ll be very happy. ;)

I’m confused by something.

I beat the single player campaign, becoming ranked #1. The game informs me that I have unlocked the feat “AI Vengeance”. I’ve unlocked other feats, like chicken mortars and hardcore, and know how to activate them. I’ve activated AI Vengeance in the same way. But still the highest level of opponent I can set in Action mode is 5 - Legend.

Anyone know what’s up?

ARISE THREAD!

As some of you may know, I recently acquired my first PS2 ever, and it was primarily so I could play this one game again. I just got my copy the other day, and I am just amazed at how well it still holds up. I honestly nearly cried tears of joy the first time I loaded it up in the PS2 because I’d been DYING to play it for years, and here it was, just as amazing as I remembered.

This weekend I’ll get my girlfriend to play with me, because multiplayer is the way this game is meant to be played.

I just WISH they’d do a sequel or, at the VERY least, an HD remake. Dirt Showdown looked like a spiritual successor, but apparently it’s not as good as this. Sigh.

The only thing I don’t like about the game is the limited soundtrack; first, I really got tired of Rob Zombie reminding me that he’s never gonna stop, yeah; and second, although I am a passionate hater of hillbilly biker rock and/or country, if any game needed more southern fried bullshit like Lynryd Skynyrd or Charlie Daniels or whatever it was this game.

Yeah, thankfully the sounds of the game usually drown out the 7-track soundtrack usually though.

Hoobastank’s “Out of Control” came up on Spotify and now ALL I WANT TO DO is play this game. Good thing I have it on PS2!

NEVER GONNA STOP
YEAH
NEVER GONNA STOP

God, the PS2… what games it had

I despise you for bumping this thread without news of a remake. 😭 if I had a list for games that need remakes/remasters, this would be #1, followed by Crimson Skies at #2

I was worried about that, sorry. This is definitely a game that deserves a sequel or a remaster. Wreckfest is goooooood…but it’s not this…

lol, I forgive you this time 😁

As consoles go, I feel it and the DS/3DS have the best libraries ever.

Hey there everyone, I was searching around the web for what people think and talk about games like Destruction Derby, Flatout (1) and Eve of Destruction, and I’m surprised by this old but active thread.

With the possibility of sounding too pretentious, I would like to share a link to a game I’m making (if I’m violating some forum rules, please let me know and I can fix it):

I’m making it as a hobby, but mostly because I miss games like Destruction Derby and Eve of Destruction. Modern ones like Wreckfest are lots of fun, but they miss some crazy game modes, or features like split screen, so that’s what I’m trying to achieve with my game: lots of chaos and fun.

Ooohhh this looks great, and welcome! Is this gonna have single player at all?