Texas Continues to go off the rails

I bet people in farm areas have more experience building things.

Meanwhile there are gun advocates who think teachers should be allowed to carry guns in school and college students should be allowed to carry guns on campus. Heaven forbid someone brings a clock to school, especially with a last name like Mohamed!

Goddammit America…

Please don’t confuse Texas with America.

Goddammit Texas, stop making the country look stupid.

This is so appalling. Bright kid with a passion for engineering…A WITCH!! HE’S A WITCH!! (terrorist in this instance but just as idiotic)

How do schools get away with this level of dumb? I understand student safety and such, but doesn’t this reaction do harm to the student mentally?

The picture of Ahmed shows him both really scared and big WTF on his face.

If he was John Smith and not Ahmed Mohamed this wouldn’t have happened and that’s the sad reality of it.

I love the logic behind the arrest though.

“Bob, check out this kid’s exhibit.”
“Holy shit!@”
“What’s up??”
“Larry. Kids don’t use watches. And his name.”
“OMG why didn’t I see it before?”
“That’s why I’m here Larry, that’s why I’m here.”

/eagletear /CSIsunglasses

Despicable. Seriously. WTF.

The NASA shirt pretty much just screams “domestic terrorist!”

Public schools were headed this way by the time I got out at the end of the last millenium. Terrible story, but I’m not all that surprised.

The bureaucrats that run the schools and districts are so far from being educators they should be banned from straying within 500m of a school. And the nutjobs on the school boards are worse.

Nowhere is our ridiculous predilection to excuse any excess for the sake of children’s “safety” than in the way we run our public schools.

Not only was this kid mistakenly arrested, he got SUSPENDED FOR THREE DAYS… for, uh, uh, because Texas is stupid!

Oh man, I’ve got that same NASA t shirt. You’ll never take me alive, bastards!

Nation of Arabs Scaring Americans

Also, the look on the kid’s face is priceless.
That’s the moment where he realizes how stupid virtually everyone in the world is. I’m trying to think back to when that moment was for me.

Does anyone know if there is any way to support this kid, or send him well wishes or something? I’d really like to let him know that there are folks out there that aren’t retarded.

I thought the Wonder Woman lunchbox story was stupid, but this is another level of ignorant.

Police will be holding a press conference at 11 AM CDT on this.

I suspect the local taxpayers are going to see a small increase in their tax bill next year to cover the lawsuit expense.

On the one hand those types of incidents seem relatively rare, hence why when they happen they make headlines.

On the other hand I dare someone to try something like that at my school. I will bring the hammer down on the fools. If that were my son I’d be out for that school supervisors head in court. And I hope the do, and I hope they get it. This type of stupid needs to be punished.

The scrambling is what is getting me on this one. Instead of “we made a mistake, this kid shouldn’t have been arrested”, it’s “what if this had been left in the bathroom or the gym? We would have thought it was a bomb! We’re pretty sure that’s what he meant to do. Ignore the fact that he showed it to his engineering teacher and told him exactly what it was in an attempt to impress him”.

People make mistakes. Police make mistakes. When they happen, you acknowledge the mistake and explain what you are doing to prevent it in the future. If you don’t acknowledge the mistake, it means you won’t change your behavior and would make the same mistake the next time you are in that situation.

The appropriate response to this is to sue the school and city for so much money it bankrupts them for a few years and the citizens rise up and demand all those responsible fired. I’m starting to think this is the only way forward.

Man, don’t punish the students by bankrupting their district.

That said, so many people need to be at the very least fired for this.

Did it look like this?

But seriously, hooray for no common sense and zero tolerance policies! Oh, and maybe a bit of Islamophobia too.

This shit is truly infuriating and I hope his family gets a pretty penny from the school district when all is said and done. It would be so cool if Elon caught wind of this and sent out a private jet to give this kid a personal tour of a SpaceX facility.