That Internet dating thing

I have dated two women who were 14 years younger than myself (and several more who were 9-11 years younger, and at the opposite end of the range one who was 7 years older).

If a woman is still in her early-mid 20s and wants to be with a man significantly older, she’s generally after something, usually something ego-related. She wants him to say that she’s above her peers, that she’s as talented and sophisticated as older women who are established wherever she imagines being established. She may want actual entree into a social or professional or artistic circle, but mostly she wants to be told what she wants to hear, and she feels she can believe it more if it comes from an older man.

I know of more than one case where a young man has done exactly this with an older woman, but it was men in their 30s rather than their 20s. And I was never in that situation myself.

Anyway, watch it. When she feels she’s gotten what she wants, or when it’s time for her to get married, she will likely move on to someone closer to her own age. In my case I simply refused ever to tell those girls what they wanted to hear, which drive them crazy and made them try harder and harder, and eventually I dumped them both from sheer annoyance.

Ah…the Great Pussy Wars. They never end. (They’re like “Hearts of Iron” in that way.)

Quoted because WTF?

Wait, no, seriously… are you trolling? I honestly cannot tell.

I’ve dated men who were approximately my age. I’ve dated men who were significantly older. The constant is that everybody comes with baggage; everybody has needs, and some of those needs may be unmet. It’s not age-related. I can’t describe anybody I’ve dated as “after something” ego-related. And even if they were, what kind of jerk are you to withhold, from someone you care for (I assume you do, if you’re dating her), something she needs?

PS: Your post, and especially the last line, is misogynistic and inappropriate.

Fire…meet JMJ…,…JMJ…meet Fire.

No, it’s cool, I get it, he’s a known troll and soooooo fucking funny. But this post just GAH. GAH!

fire, feel free to never date JMJ. I know I wouldn’t. For me he is just a re-occurring one night stand.

I’ve got dibs on fire if she ever gets divorced. I’ll fight JMJ for her. :P

As Milli Vanilli sang it so long ago, “Girl you know it’s true.”

So classy.

I see you’re unfamiliar with JMR’s oeuvre. That’s the smartest thing about women he’s posted all week.

You mean JMJ.

And probably the most respectful.

I’m shocked at the claim that there are men who only like one size of tits.

Had dates with three girls setup for this past weekend. Only one of them didn’t bail. Oh internet, why are you so full of flakes.

Did you write that while looking in a mirror? :)

What? No.

That word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

So how’d the one date go?

And… it’s over.

Not because we hate each other but because our schedules only allow us to see each other 3-4 times a month and that wasn’t enough for her.

I feel surprisingly unemotional about it ending. I’ve been through worse.

6 months is a pretty good run.

My final* advice on Internet dating, those out there in the trenches. Keep your mind open. My soulmate was of a completely different race, culture, and back ground than I am. We just line up on everything. I think we were like a 85% match. Don’t check the “race” box, ever, on any of these sites. You will be surprised.

• unsolicited