That Internet dating thing

I don’t think you’re understanding the point of the date. You aren’t trying to hustle her.

Pool is an extended metaphor to his sexual prowess.

Wow her with your improv. The key is to not let her realize that you are improving until the last second…

I don’t think you understand how bad I am at pool. I’m not trying to hustle anybody, just trying to keep their eyes in their sockets etc.

Edit: I should mention that the idea of playing pool was already rejected by her that when we went out for drinks. I made no argument.
EDIT 2: Wow, my comments here make me sound like an utter ninny. I’m good at other stuff I swear!

Okay, cute girl at work. Don’t really know how awkward a relationship would be since we work together every single day. But hell, why not.

Also, been going on dates with one of my ex’s. Turned into a purely physical relationship. This is now confusing, because I’ve never done that. I want to be nice and cuddly and shit, and so does she, but neither of us want the emotional baggage.

No real dates besides a few movies and we went camping. Hook-ups abound, though. How do I go from a religious girl with super tight morals to a atheist with loose morals? I’m hitting both ends. I want the middle ground :(

No matter what you see on the internet, the belly button is not an optional orifice.

Awww no you’ve got to be kidding me!

Yeah I was in fact referring to the game of pool, but if you suck at it and don’t feel like taking the time to improve how about bowling, or even darts? Either way it’s not like any of you have to be particularly good - you’re just hanging out, doing stuff outside the house.

Okay, cute girl at work. Don’t really know how awkward a relationship would be since we work together every single day. But hell, why not.

Run. I really can’t understand people who want to date people they work with. It’s like you’re asking for the most uncomfortable work environment possible.

Might be worth considering his age and the type of job. I’m guessing “young” and “crappy” in this case.

For a professional job where one is in their career and interested in growing it, dating in the workplace can be perilous. For someone working at some low wage job they have no attachment to, say a young college student or similar, getting a gf in exchange for losing the job can be a decent tradeoff.

Yeah. Demon’s in college. Dating people from work is totally an option at that point. Dating people at your career job? Bad idea, if avoidable.

Oh, yeah. No, its not a job i’m super attached to, and its only a summer job (2 Months out of the year), and I’m pretty sure that even then, I could date the Boss’s daughter (the idea has been entertained) and still have the job.

And no relationship would start until I go back to school, probably. She’s starting to go there this semester, and will need friends ;)

I’m just gonna go ahead and post this link to Savage Love.

Reading many of the entries at once leaves one with two feelings.

a) There’s an aggregate feeling of hope and pragmatism. With some honesty and assertiveness any of us, even the most depraved and/or wounded, can be happy.

b) There are kinks you couldn’t have imagined

I highly recommend that anybody who is out there and dating listen to the Savage Lovecast. It’s a great show, with great advice, hilarious calls, and hilarious Dan Savage.

EDIT: An update on my 3rd date conundrum: She sent me a message today asking if I wanted to see a movie. I said “yes, yes I do.” and asked if she preferred at home or at the theater. We shall soon see.

Seems like a pretty cool podcast. Another one I like is http://www.sexwithemily.com/ .

Also on a tangent related to movies, I’ve found that a surprising number of girls like tv show marathons. I’m having one girl over in a few days to try out Eureka, while we both bake rolls (I like baking, and making food in general).

Update; Work Girl basically told me she’s sick of being her only single friend while kinda leaning close to me. this is going to be really easy.

Hi-five bro!

Woo, go for it man, you may think it could be a fling, but then again, it may turn into something really nice later on. Just get in there and have fun, and see where it takes you.

That’s basically what I’m going for. Also, she totally tried the whole “Touch the person seemingly innocently to gauge their reaction to your touch” thing today. she like, flipped up my hood, and I just gave her a look like “Oh no you didn’t” in a playful way.

In. The. Bag.

Ugh, this is the “Lonely Hearts Club” thread. Not the “Dudes I Can Totally Score With This Random Hot Chick, And Then Later Complain That I Can’t Find Women With Substance” thread.

Sorry :( If its any consolation, I"m still pretty lonely.