That Internet dating thing

Link her to this thread!

What? No snappy comeback pointing out the fact that I couldn’t remember which words to capitalize in a title, so instead capitalized them all?
Bah, sorry for being an ass, but I havn’t slept in 36 hours and I’m only halfway through this grad school paper due on Friday. Not to mention that I havn’t started packing for moving day which also happens to be Friday…so I kind of hate my life right now. And yours. And everyone elses.

And why the hell did QT3 eat my post twice in a row, I haaaate you QT3.

See, unlike almost everyone else on this site, I’m just generally not an asshole while on the internet.

Give it time, dude.

That “unlike almost everyone else on this site” bit shows you’ve got the potential to make it in this crazy world of assholes.

People can’t see most of their crippling flaws and emotional issues.

I bet that most folks who are assholes on the internet now, were even WORSE assholes on the internet way back when.

<— fer example

That “unlike almost everyone else on this site” bit shows you’ve got the potential to make it in this crazy world of assholes.

What? It’s true!

Keep firing, assholes!

Text wall incoming.

So I just got back from date the 3rd. We saw a movie (The Hurt Locker…) and took some walks before and after. She seemed to be waiting for me to make my move the whole time, which was a bit hard because she had kinda bad breath. I caught her off guard by getting off work early and asking if we could just got out then, so i don’t begrudge her too much about that if she didn’t have a chance to do a little brushy brushy before going out, so you know fine. I caught her checking her breath a couple times.

Also I had no gum and no real way to get any. So on the post movie walk we were standing and making awkward conversation and I went for a kiss in maybe not the best way and fuck. I mean she’s got a very large mouth, but jeez. I felt like she was inhaling my mouth. She went straight for the giant open mouth kiss, and I was sort of going for the slow build up kiss and it just didn’t really work. It was totally awkward.

We made crappy small talk all the way home and I apologized for being a bit rusty on the whole romance thing. When we parked outside her place I suggest we try the kissing thing again, but this time, just a bit more slowly and she said, “No I don’t do that.” And went straight for the face sucking again. This time a caved and just joined in. I dunno, it just didn’t really do much for me.

In her defense, she’s got tiny lips and maybe messing with those gives her no enjoyment or something. Anyway, the long in short is I told her I was going to be quite busy for about a week and a half before the date, but that I’d like to keep seeing her once I’ve got a little free time which buys be a little time to suss out my feelings. Right now I think I’m going to go for one more, hopefully something at her house and give it up if it’s not working after that.

As tempting as it seems, you probably shouldn’t get involved with people who have multiple personality disorder.

This probably will come off as me being an ass on the internet, but if she is that unwilling to compromise this early on, imagine how fun she’ll be once you get her in bed. From past experience, women who are unwilling to try new approaches at kissing and suchlike, tend to be rather rigid in may other fascets of their lives as well. Then again, it’s just an opinion, so take it with a grain of salt of course.

That’s basically what I’m going for. Also, she totally tried the whole “Touch the person seemingly innocently to gauge their reaction to your touch” thing today. she like, flipped up my hood, and I just gave her a look like “Oh no you didn’t” in a playful way.

In. The. Bag.

Then get the hell on with it. How long has it been and how long have you been regaling us all with tales of the in-the-bag-itude of this girl? You could of had sex and forgotten about her by now.

Seriously Demon. I’m married, and even I would already be making my doc appointment to make sure I’m not bringing some bad juju to my wife as a result of my work fling.

Gabe, was the woman just trying to be sexy in a sort of “No, let’s just go for it way” or did she really mean she will only kiss like a praying mantis that’s done mating?

I’ll second this, though my sample size is one. At the time it didn’t seem like a big deal but I would definitely treat it as a red flag in hindsight.

But it does seem as if she could suck-start a leaf blower, so there is that. That and she might be good to go as early as the second date. Maybe she ain’t a keeper, but that doesn’t mean she can’t be a lot of fun. :)

I like the way you think.

Congratulations on being Mr. Ah What the Hell You’ll Do.

Been there. Done that. Doesn’t last. Enjoy it while you can.

Never pass up free pizza, or sex.

Every time Rimbo posts in a dating or relationship thread I have this incredible urge to post face palm pictures. Geezus…

Oh, I am so sorry that I was not born with the lack of libido that blesses you and makes you so much superior to me, EpicBoy. Every day I whip myself three times for each and every lustful thought that passes through my mind; sometimes I’ll be in there for hours, just whipping, as I count all the horrible, disgraceful thoughts of EVIL SEX that passed through my mind. Do you smile when you hear my screams of agony? I have forever given up on Grace due to the sinful desires which I cannot rid of my body. Oh, EpicBoy, if only I were like YOU, so disinterested in the physical pleasures of the flesh which damn my soul to all eternity!

Demon, I want to hear more!