That NYT op-ed: The Resistance is Coming From Inside the House...

He already did:

Twice:

Some info about the op-ed:

Several days ago a senior official in the Trump administration used an intermediary to contact New York Times op-ed page editor Jim Dao.

Many officials within the administration can be considered “senior,” even if they do not work in the West Wing or interact directly with Trump. Dao declined to characterize just how “senior” the whistleblower is.

He said there was no special effort to disguise the person’s writing style, for example by rewriting the piece in some fashion.

The op-ed came on the same week that the excerpts from Bob Woodward’s book “Fear” have revived conversations about Trump’s behavior and fitness for office. Dao said that as far as he knows, “this is a coincidence,” meaning the senior official’s outreach was not related to the Woodward book.

Re: “Why aren’t more people freaked out that the White House is admitting there’s been a soft coup and Trump isn’t really calling the shots!!!”

Because we already knew this. We’ve known since (at a minimum) Trump’s meltdown about his inauguration crowd size that no pivot was forthcoming, that his petulance and idiocy and complete inability to stay on task were genuine and a not just a reality TV star’s ploy for the cameras. It’s been clear all along that the White House couldn’t possibly function at all if President Baby were actually given full authority.

We already knew this. We’ve always known it. The real question is, why are Very Serious People trying to pretend that they’re shocked to learn what we’ve always known?

Damn right. Shaggy is no legend, c’mon.

This is really fascinating, even if not terribly surprising. But what I keep wondering is, why come forward at all? Who benefits by going public, even if anonymously? And the closest I can get is that this is an effort to stave off, even in weak fashion, the presumed blue wave during the upcoming midterm elections. “Stay the course, people, we’ve got this under control. Remember: tax breaks! Pay no attention to the man behind the Twitter account.”

This is the Deep Throat for our generation.

It’s more a chorus of reluctant co-conspirators.

My theory is this. They want Trump out. They can’t impeach him and keep the support of their base, the racists, Nazis, and Christians. They have to humiliate Trump, make him seem weak, make him pathetic. Then his support erodes, because the Republican base doesn’t think so much as redirect their hatred about their sad and miserable lives, they’re ruled by base emotion. They respect strength, brashness, blatant racism, things like that. That’s why Alpha and Cuck are their primary compliments and insults.

A President who can’t control his own staff, has no idea what’s going on underneath him, who futilely rage posts on Twitter while his staff ignore him, is not Alpha. He is a Cuck, and he’s being Cucked by his VP, and he can’t do shit about it.

That is 100% the strategy. They want to come out of this and still be able to loot and pillage the poor of the world while maintaining their veneer of civility. Trump supports that, but he’s also destroying the American control of the world. That they don’t want. We can’t exploit labor in Bangladesh to make Nikes for 12 cents when Trump blows up the trade deals. We can’t get $65 Shop Vacs manufactured in China off Amazon shipped overnight for free when we’re in a trade war with China.

So, in a sense, Alex Jones is right, the globalists hate Trump. But Alex Jones is a douche, so there’s that too.

It has two huge advantages for Republicans in general: it reduces the whole “incompetent Trump” narrative from the Woodward book, with different actors and named names and Woodward’s reputation, to a single anonymous and remarkably vague voice on a notoriously liberal editorial page; and it drowns out the news of the Kavanaugh hearings and any revelations that may ensue.

Encouraging public cynicism is what the Republicans do now.

Anyone who says the writer is a coward for not taking it to congress apparently thinks the same of Watergate’s “Deep Throat” figure.

Face it, a republican congress would never even hold hearings on this short of a definite proof that Trump had tried to nuke Mexico or Canada or England for disagreeing with his plans. And even then I am not sure they would try to impeach him.

Mark Felt may have been a coward, but he was aiding an investigation. What’s this guy helping?

The non-Trump part of the GOP, including the Vichy Trumplings. He’s reminding everyone they exist, and suggesting that it’s only them keeping total chaos at bay.

That may not be wrong.

Hot take: Whistleblowers are heroes.
Smoking hot take: They’re actually cowards.

Only himself. Thus the distinction.

Maybe he’s trying to get an real investigation. I am not going to call someone a coward though for not going to a Congress that we know will do nothing. The whole group of them should just take a stand, go down together but if they were that selfless they wouldn’t b in the White House with that man in the first place.

Alexandra Petri’s on the case, naturally:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2018/09/06/i-am-the-real-resistance-the-resistance-within-the-trump-administration/

I would like to publish this in a newspaper so that someone will read it and feel that there is a steady hand on the tiller, sometimes, except when obviously there isn’t. If I get fired by tweet, please know that I stand proudly by these words. My name is Unnamed Trump Administration Official Who Wished To Remain on Background.

But the point is, do not worry. I am here, and I am secretly in charge, kind of, I hope, except when the president takes any action on the public stage over which I have no control, which is quite often, but not ALL the time. That is my point. Sometimes, the administration does something that I would like it to do, and we should all cling to that, like a mariner to a floating sign post that says “IMMIGRANTS NOT WELCOME AND LOOK AT ALL THIS DEREGULATION.”

So are those groups suddenly going to become Democrats, or vote independent. No, they will vote republican the next time they step into a voting booth.

Or they stay home.

All whistleblowers? Corporate and government?

Don’t they actually have something to fear?

So that’s what RNC stands for.