The 2004 Razzies

I forgot about a few of the movies mentioned. Click here for the full story.

WORST PICTURE

ALEXANDER (Warner Bros.)
CATWOMAN (Warner Bros.)
SUPERBABIES: BABY GENIUSES 2 (Triumph Films)
SURVIVING CHRISTMAS (DreamWorks)
WHITE CHICKS (Columbia/Revolution)

WORST ACTOR

Ben Affleck / JERSEY GIRL and SURVIVING CHRISTMAS
George W. Bush / FAHRENHEIT 9/11
Vin Diesel / CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK
Colin Farrell / ALEXANDER
Ben Stiller / ALONG CAME POLLY, ANCHORMAN, DODGEBALL,
ENVY and STARSKY & HUTCH

WORST ACTRESS

Halle Berry / CATWOMAN
Hilary Duff / CINDERELLA STORY and RAISE YOUR VOICE
Angelina Jolie / ALEXANDER and TAKING LIVES
Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen / NEW YORK MINUTE
Shawn & Marlon (The Wayans Sisters) / WHITE CHICKS

WORST SCREEN COUPLE

Ben Affleck & EITHER Jennifer Lopez OR Liv Tyler / JERSEY GIRL
Halle Berry & EITHER Benjamin Bratt OR Sharon Stone / CATWOMAN
George W. Bush & EITHER Condoleeza Rice OR His Pet Goat / FAHRENHEIT 9/11
Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen / NEW YORK MINUTE
The Wayans Brothers (In or Out of Drag) WHITE CHICKS

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Carmen Electra / STARKSY & HUTCH
Jennifer Lopez / JERSEY GIRL
Condoleeza Rice / FAHRENHEIT 9/11
Britney Spears / FAHRENHEIT 9/11
Sharon Stone / CATWOMAN

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Val Kilmer / ALEXANDER
Ah-Nuld Schwarzenegger / AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAZE
Donald Rumsfeld / FAHRENHEIT 9/11
Jon Voight / SUPERBABIES: BABY GENIUSES 2
Lambert Wilson / CATWOMAN

WORST DIRECTOR

Bob Clark / SUPERBABIES: BABY GENIUSES 2
Renny Harlin and/or Paul Schrader / EXORCIST 4: THE BEGINNING
“Pitof” / CATWOMAN
Oliver Stone / ALEXANDER
Keenan Ivory Wayans / WHITE CHICKS

WORST REMAKE OR SEQUEL

ALIEN v PREDATOR (20th Century-Fox)
ANACONDAS: HUNT FOR THE BLOOD ORCHID (Screen Gems)
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAZE (Disney)
EXORCIST 4: THE BEGINNING (Warner Bros.)
SCOOBY DOO 2: MONSTERS UNLEASHED (Warner Bros.)

WORST SCREENPLAY

ALEXANDER, Written by Oliver Stone, Christopher Kyle and Laeta Kalogridis
CATWOMAN, Written by Theresa Rebeck and John Brancato & Michael Ferris and John Rogers
SUPERBABIES: BABY GENIUSES 2, Written by Steven Paul and Gregory Poppen
SURVIVING CHRISTMAS, Written by Deborah Kaplan & Harry Elfont and Jeffrey Ventimilia & Joshua Sternin
WHITE CHICKS, Written by Keenan & Shawn & Marlon Wayans and Andy McElfresh, Michael Anthony Snowden
and Xavier Cook

I’d like to give a special achievement award of some sort to Hollywood, for the record number of films with a RottenTomatoes rating of 10% or less this year.

Taxi - 10%
Surviving Christmas - 7%
Are We There Yet? - 9%
White Noise - 9%
Elektra - 6%
Christmas with the Kranks - 4%
Darkness - 3%
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie - 2%

And I’ll bet every one of them turns a profit thanks to DVD sales.

I saw Taxi on a plane. It actually wasn’t really that bad.

My pick for worst Hollywood movie of the year: Cellular.

I’ll take The Village as worst movie of the year

Opinions are certainly varied on that, but you’re going to have a hard sell to anyone for actual worst movie of the year.

I’m positive there were worse performances than Vin Riddick. Sure, it wasn’t exactly moving, but it seemed to me he leapt about brandishing pointy things and bellowed well enough for the part.

I’ve got to agree with Drastic, I enjoyed Riddick and while diesel didn’t do a grea jo I don’t think it should qualify under worst performances.

Though I might have warmed a bit to Diesel after playing the game prequel, I think he’s not really that bad in Chronicles of Riddick. Now, the script, the set design, the costumes, and the supporting characters however… :roll:

I dunno. I’m all hatin’ on Bush, but does this really count?

Who does The Razzies? Is this just them spouting off their opinions, or is it regarded as an actual award of infamy?

ALIEN v PREDATOR (20th Century-Fox)

Oh c’mon. This seminal court case is considered the worst? That’s simply unfair.

Yes yes. Totally true. What a complete let down.

AvP, thread over.

Thread over man, thread over!

I’d have to argue. Look at the other 4 films in that category. AvP is the only one that a human being could stand to sit through (I sort of liked it).

I’d have to argue. Look at the other 4 films in that category. AvP is the only one that a human being could stand to sit through (I sort of liked it).[/quote]

My wife and I both looked at each other and said, “WTF are we watching this steaming pile of horseshit?” I think it was kind of like walking over hot coals just to se ehow much pain we could stand. That movie had insanely bad acting, every action movie cliche in the book and mediocre special effects.

I’d have to argue. Look at the other 4 films in that category. AvP is the only one that a human being could stand to sit through (I sort of liked it).[/quote]

My wife and I both looked at each other and said, “WTF are we watching this steaming pile of horseshit?” I think it was kind of like walking over hot coals just to se ehow much pain we could stand. That movie had insanely bad acting, every action movie cliche in the book and mediocre special effects.[/quote]

I saw that movie at a preview screening invited by Vivendi/Blizzard and it was so horrible I almost cancelled my (free) WoW beta account in protest.
Worst movie I saw all year.
(the others in that category hardly had the potential to be good)

Where’s The Passion of Christ on this list? Gibson was robbed.

For me, that’s a big part of why I thought it was sooooo bad. You have 2 badass action flick licences and all you can deliver is this crap? The worst part is that people will give this guy money again and again to make more films, like Uwe Boll. Meanwhile, there are a few dozen people out there with the skills and the ideas to make great movies that can’t get a dime because they do’t know the right people, or the market doesn’t need another film about “x”, or whatever other myriad reasons films get refused for.

Actually, the Predator movies sucked IMO. Cool creature and concept perhaps but the movies were dreck.

Thank you for an opinion that nobody shares and everyone will soon forget…

You’re welcome. Thank you for being randomly obnoxious?

But now I am curious – Am I really the only person who thinks the Predator movies sucked? I can maybe see the camp appeal of the first one but the second one with Gary Busey?

They’re certainly nowhere in the same neighborhood as the first two Alien movies.

I thought they were great. Great action, nice set pieces, interesting villain. For action movies, they were great. Especially the first one. Just because a movie isn’t as great as Alien or Aliens doesn’t mean it sucks. There ARE gradations.