The 2018 Midterms Game Day Thread of Angst, Worry, (and maybe some hope?)

Unclear: is he resigning to claim victory as Governor, or is he resigning because a recount/runoff may be in store?

FL-GOV is at .52. Not quite there yet.

Senate race may be within the margins of requiring a hand recount and not machine recount.

That’s great, but realistically I can’t really see a recount shifting things by .2% or .5%? That seems like a whole lotta errors.

Damn Florida. The dangling dick of disappointment every single election.

It’s…possible for the senate race. 22,000 vote separation. Would require there to be a number of accepted provisionals.

I have thoughts on this, about why “7%” was a misinterpreted number, but…yeah. You can’t go with a static number on this kind of stuff.

(Also, the number is likely to approach 7% as California mail-ins are totaled.)

Unfortunately, client meeting calls. More later!

“Calling an oopsies on that concession speech…”

Because the GOP is largely made up of Batman villains…

WOMP WOMP

Let this be a lesson to anyone who puts in a bad law or regulation thinking it will only help their side… that’s short-sided, don’t do it. It will eventually work against you.

That makes Walker’s loss all that much sweeter. Maybe Wisconsin will now want to fund education. Then again, the state legislature is still full of Republicans (I think) so maybe not.

A lot of people were horrified in 2012 when a black teenager named Jordan Davis was gunned down at a gas station in Jacksonville, Florida. It seemed like a sort of road-range incident, perhaps with some racial overtones, a white software engineer fired into the car Davis was in, apparently due to them playing loud music. You might remember the incident. It was national news.

Jordan Davis’s mom is Lucy McBath. Her son’s death convinced her to go into politics.

She was today declared the winner in the hotly contested Georgia-06 congressional district. She’s going to Washington now.

So, are we going for a recount in Florida? Will it be a computer count or a hand count?

Broward County just updated it’s count of absentees.

Nelson now trailing by 17,000 votes, it’s hand recount, statewide time.

Gillum now within .5%, that’s machine recount territory. He’s down 39,000 votes.

The question is, is there any reason why the recount will have a different end result?

Are they any votes that weren’t counted till the recount?

Compelling argument from Nate Cohn that all four uncalled Orange County (CA) races are likely to end up going Democratic as more ballots come in.

Yes, a recount always finds uncounted votes. Especially a hand recount.

Okay. Thank you.

Wasn’t sure if the recount would make a difference. I will hope for the best but assume the worst.