The 5-player forum game of Sol: Last Days of a Star is underway!

Cluster card, and keep the energy from the flare.

Oh, I guess Iā€™ll activate the silver tower for five points of momentum.

And Iā€™ll spend 3 energy for 3 momentum from that.

14 cards left, one of them being the final solar flare! Letā€™s go fishing.

For my turn, I will choose to MOVE. With my seven points of speed, Iā€™ll HURL five sundivers into the core, drawing one card for each and earning two points of momentum for each (three if I draw a flare).

Then I will FLY the sundiver in outer orbit two spaces inward to my blue foundry in the convective layer. Then my moseyship mothers forward one space, assuming the sun hasnā€™t exploded.

-Tom

Haha I hated that movie too. Wait, thatā€™s from Sunshine right?

This is you guys:

Iā€™ll always remember you as the burning embers of your civilizations light the way for my people to take to the stars and find a new home! Weā€™ll never forget you! There was baby scissors guy, and green pointy ship guy, and funky purple tentacle ship, and the weird black ship that wouldnā€™t stop following me. Youā€™ll all live on in our hearts as weā€¦oh, gotta run, weā€™re having shuffleboard on the promenade. Ta-ta!

-Tom

Huge thanks to @Dave_Perkins for going above and beyond with all the pictures. Man, you really know how to spoil a guy so heā€™ll never want to use Tabletop Simulator or Vassal or even Boardgame Arena!

And thanks to all of you for playing what I presume was a learning game. Itā€™s a simple economy, but since itā€™s built from the ground up every game, itā€™s hard to anticipate until youā€™ve seen it in action. I definitely had an unfair advantage, so apologies if I came across a showoff. I think Iā€™m constitutionally unable to hold back when Iā€™m playing a game, even when I know I should probably not be such a tryhard. :)

So thanks to all of you, especially if the game wasnā€™t working for you. You were all great virtual table partners!

-Tom

I forgot the extra 2 momenta from the 2 flares, @tomchick, in case you want to update your diary!

I learned that I should not do anything that I did do. I am ready for another!

I liked my first play and am looking forward to learning how to play well. It seems like a simple game on the surface, but I have no doubt that a game filled with non-new players will be a knife fight. We were just goofing around trying to learn the rules, I think.

I actually love games where the person who has played a few times just destroys me. It seems like a signal that the game has depth and will reward future plays.

And the seven cards really add to the longevity!

Imagine a game with one or more of the red cards. So much elbow throwing!

-Tom

Great game all, and @tomchick you should never hold back! The best way to learn a game is to get my butt whooped. I really enjoyed this one and would happily play it again. Thanks @Dave_Perkins for organizing and posting images. Youā€™re awesome as always! Congrats to the blue dudes of interstellar space! May your journey be long.

Yes, thanks for running it, Dave!

Good game, well played.

Just me and @Matt_W committed so far. Do you need a brick @tomchick ?

Iā€™m out, see yā€™all later.

Go play Dune Imperium, hater!